Talk

Advanced search

Santa suggestions in Glasgow area?

(14 Posts)
duckbilled Sun 09-Nov-14 16:07:48

Does anyone have any suggestions for where to take dd to visit the big man in it around Glasgow?

MrsHende Sun 09-Nov-14 16:32:47

Bumping this and marking my place.

Anyone have any experience of the Dobbies Santa stuff?

duckbilled Sun 09-Nov-14 20:31:58

Someone told me that the Dobbies at Milngavie was good, also the Falkirk wheel? Last year the Braehead one was very popular but it was aimed at older children as it was interactive.

clr2014 Sun 09-Nov-14 20:35:39

Falkirk wheel is great. Bo'ness steam railway too... We used House of Fraser in Glasgow - it wasn't anything special... never tried the Dobbies experiences

duckbilled Sun 09-Nov-14 20:39:03

I was thinking of going to Frasers but apparently they aren't doing it anymore, neither is Debenhams sad

ToodlesMcToodles Sun 09-Nov-14 23:28:17

The Clyde valley, gouldings garden centre is good. Tractor ride and indoor fairground
Pollock park has mrs Claus, better for older DC I think
George Square has santa in a wee cabin
The Bo'ness steam railway was quite good last year if your DC like trains. Wrap up warm though

trixymalixy Sun 09-Nov-14 23:36:31

New Lanark always has a good Santa. PollOck house also good.

VinoTime Mon 10-Nov-14 04:04:04

We're doing two this year.

New Lanark - £9.50 per ticket.

'I Met Father Christmas' at Hamleys in the city center - £25.00 per child but they get a breakfast/lunch/tea included and to be honest it just looks bloody fabulous grin

duckbilled Mon 10-Nov-14 09:02:37

Thanks for all the suggestions, i am off to get my google on!

tassisssss Mon 10-Nov-14 19:48:07

Oooh, check out this brand new experience in Balfron.

I hear it's going to be amazing.

forest

Finlaggan Mon 10-Nov-14 19:55:53

Calderglen park is good for little children. Been there the last two years. Holmwood house have reindeer & Santa arriving on a sleigh but it's not great as the kids don't get individual time with Santa.

Going to try Dobbies this year based on recommendations from last year.

I've heard pollok house is good too.

guthriegirl Mon 10-Nov-14 22:25:35

Dean Park in Kilmarnock is good. You get a time slot so no endless queues, the grotto is really well done and the park itself is great.

duckbilled Mon 10-Nov-14 22:33:10

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions, I have decided to give Dobbies at Braehead a go as I could book a individual time slot and then head over to x-scape for some sledging!!

izzybizzybuzzybees Tue 11-Nov-14 11:30:40

We saw santa at x scape a few years ago. Was great as you got to climb through the snow to get to the cabin smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now