Talk

Advanced search

Ethical, sensible, long lasting shoes for women that are also stylish?

(5 Posts)
EhricLovesTheBhrothers Sun 09-Nov-14 10:54:15

Go!

Ok, bit more details, my mum is approaching 60, walks a lot, happy to wear leather, she's a bit hippy/alternative in her style but not majorly. She'd love some ethically made shoes, as in from a small company rather than Clarks, maybe imported from some small cooperative in Peru or something along those lines if you get me.

Any ideas?

EhricLovesTheBhrothers Sun 09-Nov-14 11:01:31

Budget approx £50

catsofa Sun 09-Nov-14 11:28:16

Small women's cooperative in Colombia making good quality outdoors clothes Paramo don't know if they make shoes.

Good quality outdoor clothing manufacturer in Sheffield, Buffalo ethical local company again don't know if they make shoes.

Guardian list of ethical shoe makers www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/ethical-fashion-directory-shoes Beware that vegan shoes often don't last very well though.

Any of that help?

EhricLovesTheBhrothers Sun 09-Nov-14 11:35:39

Thank you!
They don't need to be vegan though, leather would be better for longevity. I'll look at those links in a bit.

catsofa Sun 09-Nov-14 12:00:20

Sorry yeah I did see that bit, just thought it was worth the warning anyway just in case since vegan ones might still be an option and there might be some in that Guardian list.

Teva also do some walking boots etc which look like fashion ones, although I don't know anything about the ethics of the company. I've quite fancied some of their stuff for myself, although prices new are pretty high I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now