Talk

Advanced search

If I wrap Christmas presents now....

(7 Posts)
SomeSunnySunday Sun 09-Nov-14 10:50:02

Will they stay wrapped up until Christmas? Or will they start to come apart? I have both Father Christmas presents to wrap with cheap paper, and other presents which will be wrapped with far better quality paper, ribbons etc. (I'm not normally anywhere like this organised, but DC3 is due in a month and I just want to know that Christmas is 'taken care of' for DCs 1 & 2 in particular).

HeyheyheyGoodbye Sun 09-Nov-14 11:02:55

I don't have trouble with presents coming undone unless the paper is very glittery or is very thick, like that brown almost corrugated stuff with skandi designs on etc.

You could try using glue dots instead of tape, sometimes that's good on tape-averse paper! smile

Frontron Sun 09-Nov-14 11:08:34

I guess it would depend on where they'll be stored and how much handling they'll have before the big day.
Ours have to go in the loft as there's nowhere else out of the way so I leave wrapping til quite late to avoid accidental damage.
I should think they'll be fine if they're wrapped well and then left alone smile

KnittedJimmyChoos Sun 09-Nov-14 11:14:50

I think they will last although having said that it seems celotape, is not that sticky anymore...I would wrap now and leave frouing till last min, bows etc.

DamselNotInHerDress Sun 09-Nov-14 11:59:30

They should be okay I'd think?
Of course, I haven't bought a single thing (apart from a new bauble) so I will be doing the usual midnight wrapping on Christmas Eve!

SomeSunnySunday Sun 09-Nov-14 22:31:09

Thanks, I'm going to take my chances. As you can probably tell, I'm naturally more of a Christmas Eve wrapper...

Takesalongtime Sun 09-Nov-14 22:41:05

I usually have mine all wrapped & in loft by oct & they're fine. This yr I wrapped them yesterday & assume they'll be fine unless they have a knock or something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now