Talk

Advanced search

Wrapping presents for in the stocking

(15 Posts)
RunawayReindeer Sun 09-Nov-14 10:47:41

DD's are 6mo and 4.
I have wrapped up dd1's presents and this year have decided to do one in one colour (red snowmen) and the other in a different colour (blue FC) but I worry that this is sub-standard...

In previous years (when only dd1 was around) I wrapped in various colours, but this took ages to do and do they really care?!?!

Thoughts please and what do you do?!
(Sorry for poor grammar and rushed op, dd2 is trying to eat dd1's shopkins- it's causing mayhem wink )

Frontron Sun 09-Nov-14 10:51:53

IMO they don't really care about the wrapping at that age. Just go with what makes life easier for you. Our stockings will have identical contents wrapped in identical paper - red santa paper since he brings the stockings...

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Sun 09-Nov-14 11:00:22

I plan to get a 2m roll of asda or Tesco value paper for stockings as rarely use more than that and we don't use stocking paper for anything else since last yr when ds was 3 whereas prev yrs always used up the odd bits paper n was just a mish mash of whatever

HolgerDanske Sun 09-Nov-14 11:04:08

No they won't care smile

Pollywallywinkles Sun 09-Nov-14 11:04:52

You are overthinking this; your 4 yo won't care and as for your 6 mo, they won't even know it is christmas.

Wrap presents up in whatever you like.

I always use a different wrapping paper for each person and I may use more than one paper. For example red santa and a red paper as well. I find it saves having to use labels.

HolgerDanske Sun 09-Nov-14 11:07:19

Children are lovely - their hearts are full of joy and magic, they've not yet learnt the self-criticism and anxiety we all tend to carry around. They'll love their stockings, it would never even occur to them to judge what type of paper is used or how many sorts.

Perspective21 Sun 09-Nov-14 11:08:37

For stocking gifts which may be fiddly and odd shapes, I loosely wrap in tissue papers and secure each gift with only about 2 pieces of sellotape. Works very well and quick to do. I pre cut the sheets of tissue altogether so I'm left with lots of smaller squares to start with.

HTH

WhispersOfWickedness Sun 09-Nov-14 11:08:41

I don't even wrap stocking presents grin As far as I am concerned, the stocking is the wrapping!
I do use different paper for each child though smile

MehsMum Sun 09-Nov-14 11:09:28

They won't care. I always wrap my DC's stocking presents in paper recycled from last year (this was one of the clues which led to the debunking of the whole myth, so you might want to use older paper!) They're much older now and quite like the challenge of spotting a paper they remember!

KnittedJimmyChoos Sun 09-Nov-14 11:10:10

They'll love their stockings, it would never even occur to them to judge what type of paper is used or how many sorts

so sweet....

KnittedJimmyChoos Sun 09-Nov-14 11:12:44

I would urge caution however on paper, my DD was very sharp and noticed a present from us wrapped in same paper as FC one year, DH said she wouldn't notice and it wouldn't matter either..maybe not this year but you know your child, I now have to buy paper from FC at places like Ikea that are miles away and she would never see in the shops!

Also mine is older now and Holagraphic paper went down a storm last year, very shiny

RunawayReindeer Sun 09-Nov-14 11:47:20

Haha yep it is clearly me that has gone unto Christmas overdrive! One colour each it will be then- oh and one colour under the tree any excuse to buy more shiny things

Cheers y'all, I needed a wake up call!

RunawayReindeer Sun 09-Nov-14 11:49:05

I was more thing 'what would Father Christmas do if he existed....' So I think he's more of a make it easy man, what with all his rushing around to do etc.

HolgerDanske Sun 09-Nov-14 11:56:00

Heh, I should think that Father Christmas is exceptionally good at cutting corners where needed smile

fuzzpig Sun 09-Nov-14 12:11:08

I use naice wrapping paper for everything under the tree, and get a pack of assorted tissue paper from The Works for stockings - like you everyone has one colour (and any remaining can sneak into their craft box)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now