Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for 13 year old girl but...

(16 Posts)
OohOod Sat 08-Nov-14 22:22:54

No interest in clothes, jewellery, music, boys, hair, make up, nails, theatre.
Has a kindle, good phone, tablet.
We have a houseful of books but she mainly uses her kindle now.
She gets obsessions with certain tv progs but currently doesn't have one.
I'm looking at up to £50 as she has had about £4 spent so far and the rest have got nice piles.

Caramelkate Sat 08-Nov-14 22:26:37

Headphones? A keyboard (music) or ukulele? Baking stuff? Magazine subscription? Sewing machine? Lava lamp? Massage chair? Funky bean bag? Charm bracelet?

Wilf83 Sat 08-Nov-14 22:33:12

Voucher for her kindle- that way she could buy books throughout the year

OohOod Sat 08-Nov-14 22:34:01

Got headphones for a filler in a bulky box
She doesn't bake or eat really
No craft or music skills at all & no interest in trying. Though she does have an Uke!

OohOod Sat 08-Nov-14 22:37:31

We've done that the past two years Wilf grin it's my fall back but at the moment she has virtually nothing compared to the others so could do with something physical yoo!

I've also thought about a costa voucher & cinema voucher

Caramelkate Sat 08-Nov-14 22:38:01

What sort of thing does she like to read? Might give us more ideas. Is a pet a possibility? What about a portable DVD player? Camera? Go-pro ( cheapie version)

Caramelkate Sat 08-Nov-14 22:39:53

What about a heated blanket or slippers? My dd is 14 and very similar to yours ( though autistic too). She loves things to make her comfy when reading - book light, blanket, cushions.

OohOod Sat 08-Nov-14 22:41:00

No pet ,we look after the last lot blush
Got camera from my mum for her birthday & bought her own DVD player in the summer.

OohOod Sat 08-Nov-14 22:41:33

Suspected ASD here too Caramel

Caramelkate Sat 08-Nov-14 22:44:50

Does she have any interests or obsessions? Would a tamagotchi appeal? What about a tent or den?

OohOod Sat 08-Nov-14 22:49:22

They are narrowing. She does a sport but has everything needed. We've not really the space for anything big like a chair etc although she doesn't use the beanbags we have!

Don't want to keep saying no to all the ideas but she's really restricted over what she would show interest in.

OohOod Sat 08-Nov-14 22:49:54

Think I need to get her a new obsession confused

Caramelkate Sat 08-Nov-14 22:55:31

I really sympathise - and I understand about the restrictions. My dd is very clear on what she does and doesn't like. Would taking her to a bookshop help?

My dd has enjoyed the following
Origami and napkin folding
A popcorn maker ( repetitive popping and quick reward)
Stationery, especially an electric sharpener
Collections - rubbers, curious bookmarks
Escher and optical illusions
First aid kit and book
She is also into latte art ( like they do in costa) so is getting a milk steamer this year!

Sallyingforth Sat 08-Nov-14 22:56:25

Start her a savings account with that £50. It may sound boring, but she'll be glad of it when she does discover makeup or clothes.

Caramelkate Sat 08-Nov-14 23:00:23

Actually the saving idea has reminded me that my dd loved an electronic money box which counted the money as you put it in - she plays with it for ages, and loves to try to trick it with foreign coins - so that might work?

VivaLeBeaver Sat 08-Nov-14 23:05:39

Nice soaps, lip balms from Lush?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now