Talk

Advanced search

postman set for a toddler

(18 Posts)
dreamcometrue Sat 08-Nov-14 22:04:49

My ds (2.3) is obsessed with being a postman. He gets cards, letters etc, knocks on the door saying postman please! And then posts them through the gap in the door :-)
So I thought I would make him a little postman set for Christmas.
So far I thought a little bag, some postcards, envelopes (pretend stamps? ?) and some sorry you were out cards (I don't know how I'll make them)
Can you think of anything else?

SweepTheHalls Sat 08-Nov-14 22:06:05

There is a lovely Orchard Postman gamesmile

DearGirl Sat 08-Nov-14 22:06:06

Why don't you get real stamps you could get 100 1p stamps

Mrsgrumble Sat 08-Nov-14 22:07:39

Elc has a postbox.

Your little boy sounds so cute smile

Mrsgrumble Sat 08-Nov-14 22:09:39

www.amazon.co.uk/Postal-Worker-Kids-Csotume-years/dp/B005637PD6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1415484497&sr=8-4&keywords=postman+pat+costume

Postman costume

JassyRadlett Sat 08-Nov-14 22:11:43

We made DS a post box out of a big John Lewis box. We didn't decorate it but it would be fairly straightforward to do I think?

That bloody box moved house with us.

dreamcometrue Sat 08-Nov-14 22:16:57

Oh we have boxes already! They get attached don't they. Fab help Thank you. Didn't even think of 1p stamps!

TheannamoLeelu Sat 08-Nov-14 22:19:17

My mum used to get forms from the real post office, such as tv licences, dog licences, tax disk renewals, leaflets etc which I used to play with, but now everything's gone digital I expect they have hardly any forms on the counters anymore. Maybe make some up on a Word document and print them off?
Travel money?
Ask people for their old tax disks now you no longer need to display them?
Weighing scales, for weighing parcels, could get them cheap from argos or similar.
A big stamp (as in ones they used to use in library's, or at border control

mymummademelistentoshitmusic Sat 08-Nov-14 22:21:50

Postbox and door. You could make pretty good ones out of sturdy card.

readyforno2 Sat 08-Nov-14 22:25:59

The jolly postman books are very good too, maybe have a look at them?

cloggal Sat 08-Nov-14 23:21:01

Early learning centre had a beautiful little wooden post box and envelopes, nice and chunky

www.elc.co.uk/Wooden-Post-Box/135680,default,pd.html

Think it's still in stock at Boots, if you've card points to use up!

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Sat 08-Nov-14 23:54:22

I know you said you were thinking of putting together a set, but DS got this post office set a few years ago which was a huge hit. It has envelopes, post box,boxes, 1st and2nd class stampers etc.

Fantail Sun 09-Nov-14 06:00:48

This is a very cool gift! Nothing to add but DD was obsessed too, but also slightly confused as wanted to post letters in the email box.

mummybear1985 Sun 09-Nov-14 08:37:57

Do you have a B&M nearby? We got a set last year for DS with Pats van, PC Selby car, and the Greendale Rocket and the little figures to go inside, including Mrs Goggins (sp?) and Jess of course grin

One of the best things we've bought him and was about £25, they have them in again this year would recommend 100%

mummybear1985 Sun 09-Nov-14 08:41:29

Sorry misread the OP! blush thought it said postman pat set lol!

TooManyCuddlies Sun 09-Nov-14 10:32:00

How lovely!

Maybe a little high viz vest for him to wear while delivering his letters?

I think Royal Mail (fairly) recently issued stamps with Childrens TV characters on - if it was me, I would get those and stick them on envelopes with the names and addresses of all different family members on. And I would laminate the envelopes, so they last longer.

catkate10 Sun 09-Nov-14 12:52:58

I saw this this morning in TK Maxx
www.tkmaxx.com/toys-and-books/little-shopper-post-office-set/invt/45189982
actually posted in the wrong thread first, oops.

dreamcometrue Sun 09-Nov-14 12:58:09

All brilliant ideas thank you so much!
My favourite present I had from my parents when I was little was a travel agency kit. Mom and dad got brochures, train tickets the lot. It waswwonderful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now