Talk

Advanced search

If you could only choose one sylvanian families set

(12 Posts)
oohnewshoes Sat 08-Nov-14 17:49:47

Dd aged 5 has announced she would like sylvanian families for Christmas. I'm delighted as I always wanted them as a childgrin

There are soo many sets to choose from I'm not sure which to go for.

I've already got her some bits so budget is do to around £70 but flexible. Please help.

tippytap Sat 08-Nov-14 17:55:16

The restaurant is good.

Have got my dd the SF doctor surgery this year.

TheGirlOnTheLanding Sat 08-Nov-14 17:58:11

Do you have Tesco clubcard vouchers to spend? They're doubling up from now till Christmas so your money will go further. We did that for DD a couple of years ago and got the caravan and car set, along with a family of cats. Lots of little bits came with both car and caravan and so the one set was pretty good value, I'd say. We've since added other families and small sets but haven't invested in any of the big ticket sets (houses etc.)

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Sat 08-Nov-14 18:00:59

Keep checking amazon for the lightening deals, I bought the campervan last week for about £18 and lots of the families and houses were cheaper too. Sorry, not much use about what is best as my daughter is just starting to ask for them too.

PerditaXDream Sat 08-Nov-14 18:02:29

My kids have one of the houses (half price in a sale...) but the caravan and car set comes out more often. And they have many baby sets which they have bought with birthday money or pocket money.

Mostlyjustaluker Sat 08-Nov-14 18:03:12

The canel boat was my favourite as a child.

GertrudePerkins Sat 08-Nov-14 18:10:46

the caravan is ace, as it's somewhere to live, but with tonnes of accessories

you can get it with out without the car. as a rule you don't get much in the way of accessories with the houses.

youbethemummylion Sat 08-Nov-14 18:12:51

The Cannel Boat and the Hedgehog family was my all time bestest ever Christmas present as a child.

Artandco Sat 08-Nov-14 18:14:45

The canal boat

oohnewshoes Sat 08-Nov-14 18:15:44

Thanks everyone. I think I will go for a caravan or canal boat. That way if it's a passing phase I haven't wasted a lot of money on it. I will also look at the cat family as I think she would love that.

CherryElf Sat 08-Nov-14 20:02:59

I'd have the DeBerg family (penguins) Christmassy and just a bit out of place : )

beatricequimby Sat 08-Nov-14 21:29:01

I would be inclined to go for more animals. My dd plays with the sylvanians a lot but she makes them houses out of lego.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now