Talk

Advanced search

Stunt scooter for 6 1/2 yo

(4 Posts)
Rosvita Sat 08-Nov-14 10:57:13

Hi all,
Just wondered if anyone could advise on a good stunt scooter for my son who is quite a tall 6yo.
Willing to spend around £100 mark and want one that will look 'cool' in the skate parks lol!

WeAllHaveWings Sat 08-Nov-14 17:12:33

Ds got a MGP team edition when he was 7 for £139, I was shock at the price, but he knew the exact make/model/colour he wanted and its lasted 3 years now (have replaced grips once) and is still going strong. its still cool and he doest want a new one. Some of his friends have had 2-3 scooters in the past 3 years so turned out it has been worth the money or us.

Does your ds know which one he wants? If he goes to skateparks he might have an idea already.

Its a lot of money and I worry it will get pinched when he's out and about, but he's been ok with it and his face that Xmas was priceless.

If you think 6 is too young for it yet (he's not asking for a specific scooter yet) I would go cheap and plan to get a proper one next year.

Rosvita Sat 08-Nov-14 17:41:04

weallhavewings thanks for your input-
That was my general thinking-buy cheap buy twice- so better off buying a better one to begin with.
I guess I could wait until his 7th birthday in July but his jd bug he's had since 5 is collapsible so not allowed in the local indoor skate park and also the collapsible mechanism on it broke this week - is permanently up and won't collapse anymore.
As for my son's needs from a scooter - he wouldn't know about names or anything - but would just like black/blue.I think it's a toss up between a grit elite 2015 or a mgp -both around £130...
Thanks

bearwithspecs Sat 08-Nov-14 17:49:41

Micro scooter do a brilliant one. Look it up on their web site

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now