Talk

Advanced search

If you had £50 to spend on a nearly 10 year old boy for Christmas, what would you buy?

(13 Posts)
bodiddly Fri 07-Nov-14 14:56:45

I am after a great present idea for a boy that is into football, judo, sports etc. It needs to be a physical present to unwrap rather than money or certificate type present. He is getting a new goal from someone else and doesn't want a team shirt. He is also getting FIFA from someone else.

I thought about a rebounder and found one for the right sort of price but wondered if anyone had any other ideas?

VampiresLoveNECKtarines Fri 07-Nov-14 15:35:39

I'd buy a Nerf gun and a remote control helicopter smile

LikeASoulWithoutAMind Fri 07-Nov-14 16:40:50

Nerf guns are very popular here too smile

Air hockey?

Is he into anything else? Lego? Ds has an electronics set called hotwires which he's had lots of fun with.

The rebounder is a great idea too. We got one in the summer and it got plenty of use.

squiggleirl Fri 07-Nov-14 16:57:18

DS loves Hot Wires - it's a really good kit.

If you want to go with something sporty, I'd suggest the Nerf Firevision (football with special glasses, that you use in the dark). It really is good fun. There's a Shoot book of facts out at the moment, and one of the Brainbox games is about soccer. DS also loved a set that had a baseball, bat and mitt in it.

bodiddly Fri 07-Nov-14 17:40:45

Thank you all. He is an only child so doesn't really use nerf guns much but will look at the nerf football, that sounds interesting.

He has a hot wires type kit and the brain box game - he hasn't really been one to play with toys for years so has some of these already!

bodiddly Fri 07-Nov-14 17:41:48

He does like Lego but more the actual building of the kit than playing with it afterwards. £50 sounds like a lot for Lego!

DamselNotInHerDress Fri 07-Nov-14 20:31:00

Id get him a camera if he doesn't already have one.

DamselNotInHerDress Fri 07-Nov-14 20:31:33

Sorry, that's I'd, not id. How annoying!

Imperial Fri 07-Nov-14 20:36:36

Table football

myotherusernameisbetter Fri 07-Nov-14 20:45:01

I'd get him a yoyo and 4 bottles of wine for yourself smile

What about a basketball hoop/ball if there was somewhere he could put it up. Something like this:

www.amazon.co.uk/Outdoortips-Professional-Adjustable-Basketball-Backboard/dp/B00KVB7LUA/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1415393016&sr=8-14&keywords=basketball+hoop

bodiddly Fri 07-Nov-14 21:29:48

The camera is a good idea. He asked for one last year but was given a cheapie so that's a definite possibility.

He would like the basketball hoop as well I think but would probably prefer the footie rebounder.

Soooo tricky!

DamselNotInHerDress Fri 07-Nov-14 21:35:15

Amazon have some good deals on digital cameras if you shop there, we got dd one for her 10th birthday.

snice Fri 07-Nov-14 21:38:52

what about a skateboard? my children had these and really enjoyed them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now