Talk

Advanced search

10 month old Christmas presents

(7 Posts)
DevilishIndeed Fri 07-Nov-14 14:43:39

I'm very excited about our first Christmas with a baby! But I don't want to go mad as she will have no idea what's going on anyway and I know other people will get her presents too. What did / are others getting a baby around that age for Christmas? Do they enjoy opening presents at that age (even if the paper is the best bit!) And would a stocking go down well as I'd love to do one but maybe it's a bit pointless? Would love to know what others are doing or have done in the past - thank you!

DevilishIndeed Fri 07-Nov-14 18:52:10

Anyone?smile

fwightened Fri 07-Nov-14 19:55:46

Just do whatever YOU want. Your baby won't really know or care, but that's not the point is it? YOU'RE excited because it's your first Xmas with your baby, which is an exciting thing! So do stockings, presents, take her to see Father Christmas, take loads of photos and make the most of it grin

My DC2 will be 11 months old at xmas. I've bought him a wheely bug and some bath toys. He's going to see Father christmas with his big sister, going to the carol service to see his sister sing, and having xmas dinner with us. I can't wait!

DevilishIndeed Fri 07-Nov-14 20:26:51

oh what's a wheely bug that sounds great! I've just ordered 3 Christmas stockings one for each of us and I'm going to hang them up the stairs, can't wait!

DevilishIndeed Fri 07-Nov-14 20:27:59

Have googled it and looks great I may get my dd one of those as main present

ScrabbledLeggsAndToes Sun 09-Nov-14 13:03:31

I don't know how much ds will enjoy unwrapping presents, but I am doing him a stocking. He is going to be 10 months old at Christmas too.

I am putting in:-
Stacking Cups
Simple Hedgehog Puzzle
Nursery Rhyme CDs
Teddy Bear
Roaring Lion Rattle
Box of Farley's Rusks

I know he won't have any memory of it, but dh and I will and it's something we wanted to do.
I actually bought ds his stocking while I was still pregnant. I'd, like to be able to say that he has used it for every single Christmas of his life! smile

DevilishIndeed Sun 09-Nov-14 14:29:04

Well I've bought 3 stockings one for each of us! Great ideas for what to put in it, I think I'll also put a few useful things in like bibs and socks hopefully she will just enjoy the process of pulling things out so stuff I need anyway might be good!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now