Talk

Advanced search

If your teen dd or ds has size 4 feet....

(35 Posts)
PenelopeGarciasCrazyHair Fri 07-Nov-14 11:06:40

What are they into?!

I am working on some projects for Christmas presents and want something to appeal to the widest possible group. I thought about One Direction but don't know if they're a bit passé, or possibly Minecraft, what else are your young teens into?

Is there a 'big thing' this year that would definitely get lots of interest?

TIA

RJnomore Fri 07-Nov-14 11:18:26

My 10yo dd has size 4feet
She's mad on my little pony but probably not your target age.

BreakOutTheKaraoke Fri 07-Nov-14 11:22:30

One Direction is definitely on the way out- they have a very limited amount of fans between my 10 year old DD (with size 4 feet!) and her class at school. There isn't one band that seems to appeal to a lot of them- Taylor Swift is fairly popular, and the Vamps.

Minecraft is still popular with DD and my 10 year old nephew, but I don't think it's something that all the girls are into at school. They seem to be into a lot of Youtube based bloggers- watching Minecraft videos, make up/ hair tutorials, random cat/dog videos. Definitely a good time of year for vloggers. Nail art is still going strong too.

BreakOutTheKaraoke Fri 07-Nov-14 11:23:32

Young teens are probably more likely to be size 6 feet nowadays!

superbagpuss Fri 07-Nov-14 11:25:42

I have size 4 feet

probably not helpful :-)

AugustaGloop Fri 07-Nov-14 11:27:00

what is the relevance of the size 4 feet size?

JustSpeakSense Fri 07-Nov-14 11:29:03

Something trendy but a bit more generic like this?

MandarinCheesecake Fri 07-Nov-14 11:52:44

Yes I am confused about the size 4 feet as well, something to do with slippers/socks maybe?
DD is size 4 but she is only 11 so wrong age group

Wolfbasher Fri 07-Nov-14 11:57:51

I'm guessing the size 4 feet reference is because there was a recent thread complaining about people who start threads asking for present ideas for '11 year old boys' or '8 year old girls' because that is sexist.

Love it. I have size 5 feet and I would like some furry slippers. <helpful>

Takver Fri 07-Nov-14 12:27:59

DD is 12 going on 13 and has size 4 feet. She'd like a pair of nice shiny red DMs, fluffy socks, silly animal slippers, merino hiking socks smile

Definitely not 1D or minecraft . . .

Her big thing is fangirl stuff - fanfic, fanart - Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Divergent, Percy Jackson, but NOT Twilight (apparantly T/w is naff). But I get the feeling the fangirls are a relatively small if obsessive proportion of that age group.

RiverRocks Fri 07-Nov-14 12:34:14

I have size 4 feet. I love shoes, particularly irregular choice and poetic license.

I particularly like these

Of course, if you are looking for a boy, then you might be better off with something like these but they are nowhere near as pretty fgrin

RiverRocks Fri 07-Nov-14 13:00:39

Takver - I'm a fangirl and I'm definitely no longer a teenager fblush

Have a look on Pinterest - they have links to Etsy listings, or ideas to DIY if you (or DD) are crafty fgrin

RiverTam Fri 07-Nov-14 13:07:42

size 4 40-something fangirl here too grin.

marne2 Fri 07-Nov-14 13:37:37

Minecraft
Adventure time
Bath bombs
Lego ( minecraft or the more complicated sets )
Art supplies
Anything electronic ( she's after a phone but not getting one )
Dr martins

marne2 Fri 07-Nov-14 13:38:22

And hunger games smile

RabbitOfNegativeEuphoria Fri 07-Nov-14 13:41:16

I have size 4 feet. I'd like some woolly socks please.

Picturesinthefirelight Fri 07-Nov-14 13:46:18

I have size 4 feet

Dd is 13 & has size 2.5 feet. She is into Zoella, owls & ballet definatly NOT 1Direction. She likes Marvel Heroes & Divergent too but wouldn't choose clothing with those on.

Ds is 10 & is size 1 feet. He likes Minecraft & football.

Takver Fri 07-Nov-14 13:56:25

RiverRocks - I've got dd a fab District 9 3/4 hoodie - but was just thinking last night at my sewing class that I could make some more stuff smile Will have a go at Pinterest - haven't got my head round it yet - but should do.

My friend sells fabulous jewellery made from cutlery and cut coins on etsy, but I haven't got any further than that!

Floralnomad Fri 07-Nov-14 14:04:36

My dd is 15 ,she has size 4 feet ( so does my 52yo sister) , she isn't into minecraft and hates 1D , she likes Taylor Swift , Anime and some obscure bands that I've never heard of .

PenelopeGarciasCrazyHair Fri 07-Nov-14 14:47:00

Thanks all. Been out for lunch but will read up all the replies. Can't knit so sadly can't oblige on the woolly sock front!

RJ, that's my problem, my dd is only 8 and a size 3 already so not very representative, hence the question!

Break, the Vamps - that's the sort of thing I'd never have thought of, thank you!

Size 4 is only relevant as the sample Converse I have bought are size 4 so want them to appeal instantly, I can make other sizes and designs of course.

PenelopeGarciasCrazyHair Fri 07-Nov-14 14:48:01

Sorry that sounds like an ad, I was wary of that, hence not giving too much info, but aware I am being a bit vague in the process!

PenelopeGarciasCrazyHair Fri 07-Nov-14 14:49:50

Wolf, I wish I was that clever/subversive!

Wolfbasher Fri 07-Nov-14 14:50:56

I obviously spend too much time on MN!

TinklyLittleLaugh Fri 07-Nov-14 14:52:11

Ooh are you customising converse? I have size 4 feet. DD who is 14 (and size 8) would probably like manga stylee converse.

VampiresLoveNECKtarines Fri 07-Nov-14 15:36:49

I have size 4 feet and love Minions grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now