Talk

Advanced search

Boxing Day tree presents

(8 Posts)
goldenlilliesdaffodillies Fri 07-Nov-14 09:14:55

A friend's family have a little tradition where they hang tiny presents on the tree to open on Boxing Day. They are small useful things such as pretty soap, tiny toy, pen. I have always thought this was a lovely thing to do. Does anyone else do this and does it go down well?

atticusclaw Fri 07-Nov-14 09:16:00

Not now but we did when we were little. It was nice to suddenly realise there was one more present to go!

We also used to hang chocolates on the tree. Do people still do that?

noitsachicken Fri 07-Nov-14 09:17:21

Yes we have 'tree presents' usually after dinner Xmas day and Boxing Day.

Mummyboo30 Fri 07-Nov-14 11:36:16

We have tree presents on Xmas evening after supper, and this year we will also be having them on New Year's Day. They can include larger items like mugs etc, but try get stuffed a bit closer to the trunk of the tree!

DamselNotInHerDress Fri 07-Nov-14 11:42:16

We have table presents (small things, soaps, bath bombs, miniatures etc) but no tree presents.
Well, we have presents under the tree but they are just regular presents.
We definitely have chocolates on the tree though. Ds and I have just got back from the garden centre and have bought 5 packs of Lindt bells - how many will make it on to the tree?! Especially as we don't put it up until about 5 days before Christmas!

chanie44 Fri 07-Nov-14 12:29:03

Never heard of this before. I'm going to think about how I can incorporate this into our routine.

marne2 Fri 07-Nov-14 13:50:57

We keep a couple small gifts back for the dd's for Boxing Day but only because my step children come over to open their presents on Boxing Day so it means my d&c have something to open too, if it wasn't for this I wouldn't bother, tbh they have opened enough the day before and we do Xmas Eve pj's and the day after Boxing Day we visit family ( so they get another present to open ), by then we have all had enough of opening presents smile

chanie44 Fri 07-Nov-14 21:21:42

I've been thinking about this today.

I think I'll give the children gifts from each other on Boxing Day (plus one for OH and myself). Thst way, they will always remember what they got from their sibling. They have enough stocking fillers for me to do this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now