Talk

Advanced search

Sylvanian families

(12 Posts)
wrenster Fri 07-Nov-14 08:01:43

My Dd is 6 and has asked for Sylvanian families for Xmas. Lordy the stuff is expensive! I've managed to get a couple of bits off eBay but has anyone seen any deals around? Thanks

GraduallyGoneInsane Fri 07-Nov-14 08:16:42

There was a lot of Sylvanian bits and bobs in TKMaxx the other week, sets ranging from £5-£10, individual animals for £2-£5, so not dirt cheap but good value compared to toy shops.

marne2 Fri 07-Nov-14 13:53:45

Amazon often have good deals ( I got the fish and chip van for £11 last week on a lightening deal ), tk max have a few bits on offer too and argos have 3 for 2.

SauvignonBlanche Fri 07-Nov-14 15:32:08

I have the opposite problem and have loads to get rid of. I'm not able to post the huge items like the hotel and various other houses and would love to see them go to a good home. smile

I've PM'd the OP and if anyone in the North West is interested then PM me.

TranmereRover Fri 07-Nov-14 15:36:14

keep a very close eye on ebay from now - I bought the big regency house on ebay last year and it came with an explosion of furniture, little animals, garden sets etc. So much I've kept some back for this year. Got all that for less than £100 and my 5 yr old didn't notice of course that none of it was boxed - I set it all up for her under the tree (bloody loved playing with it to do so as well!). THere were loads of deals like that, just a question of where you can get to collect from.

Sauvignon - when you had multiple houses, where did you keep them all?!

Biffabin Fri 07-Nov-14 15:38:59

I second amazon, they've had loads in the lightning deals recently at 40-60% off

SauvignonBlanche Fri 07-Nov-14 15:41:02

DD has a big bedroom but she's 14 now and has lost interest thank God. During an argument last week with DH about the state of her room she moved them all downstairs into the conservatory, I can't get to my clothes hanger now and want rid!

ATailofTwoKitties Fri 07-Nov-14 15:45:30

Oh god, how many of the little buggers would you like? I swear they breed when I'm not looking...

SauvignonBlanche Fri 07-Nov-14 15:50:23

I can't begin to think about how much we'd spent on them over the years.
SIL kept telling DD that she could have DN's out of her loft but they never materialised. hmm

Findingthisdifficult1234 Fri 07-Nov-14 15:56:07

I always see lots at carboots !

marne2 Fri 07-Nov-14 16:03:44

People fight for them at car boots here ( really, they jump in people's boots before they have a chance to get them out ). I have got dd2 the tree school and the fish and chip van for Christmas but then realised I need animals to go with them. I bought her some a few years ago but she was too young for them really so we sold them, fast forward a couple years and she asking for them for Christmas. I think last year there was a house or two on the Black Friday deals on Amazon and Argos often sell the hotel cheap nearer Christmas ( half price or less ).

LIZS Fri 07-Nov-14 16:09:28

You can sometimes get sets with extras such as www.sylvanianstorekeepers.com/special-offers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now