Talk

Advanced search

Individual christmas pudding

(12 Posts)
spottymoo Thu 06-Nov-14 19:57:28

Dh is the only one that like christmas pudding I'd like to him a small (but not tiny) pud for him to have. I've never bought one before as we've never been at home for christmas. So suggestions of the best one I can buy please?

Larrytheleprechaun Thu 06-Nov-14 21:35:08

Aldi have them and DH loves them. Can't give a personal opinion though as I hate Christmas pudding.

Bluestocking Thu 06-Nov-14 21:38:40

The Waitrose Heston Blumenthal one might be a bit big for one person but it is delicious!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 06-Nov-14 21:44:51

I did a Taste Test a few years back of some of the Sainsburys small puddings (when they were on a 3 for 2)

Organic one had no taste
Taste the Difference was nice and fruity
Regular Bog Standard one with the brandy flaming and some ice-cream was nice

Didn't like the 'alternative' ones like toffee or chocolate.

M&S tastes of strawberry (and that has no place in a Christmas Pud)

Last year I bought Matthew Walker from Costco (they worked out about 60p each and were really scrummy)

ouryve Thu 06-Nov-14 21:44:53

M&S do single portion versions of their puds. I often put a couple into a hamper for MIL.

ouryve Thu 06-Nov-14 21:47:04

M&S do several different ones, btw. I usually make my own, now, but all the ones I've had have been good, in their own way.

blacktreaclecat Thu 06-Nov-14 21:49:07

Aldi had lovely ones last year .

Riverland Thu 06-Nov-14 21:49:28

I 'tested' a single one from waitrose this week, the gluten free one. Eurrrgghh. It was awful. Really. You'd be sooo disapointed to have that on Christmas Day.

So I'm looking still for a good gluten free Christmas pud.

The Heston single one I 'tested' last year. It was v. Good!

poolomoomon Fri 07-Nov-14 10:08:21

The Heston one for sure! I'm weighing up whether it's worth spending £7 so DH and I can have one each or just buying the big one for £15. Hmm... But yes, I'd go with that one every time.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 07-Nov-14 10:24:21

I haven't tried the Heston puddings but I think I'd buy the individual ones ( get four grin ) . They'll look gorgeous on a poncey nice Hestony plat with a brandy flame and a pool of custard.

chloejaynemummy Fri 07-Nov-14 19:21:25

I just have to say wilkin and sons (who make jam) make brilliant christmas puddings and also do gluten free. grin I work for them so know how good they taste and can be ordered online! Xxx

spottymoo Sat 08-Nov-14 19:05:18

Lots of great suggestions he turned his nose up at Heston one. It's between an m&s one and an aldi one.
Thanks for all the suggestions gringrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now