Talk

Advanced search

If you are a teacher/TA, do you care or notice if you don;t get a card or present?

(10 Posts)
DaffodilField Thu 06-Nov-14 12:27:13

Was just reading the what to get teachers for xmas thread. Presumably many kids don;t do this either because they can't afford to or don't do christmas or their parents don't get round to it or whatever. Tell us honestly - do you notice or care or hold grudges about this or is it just a case of if you don't get one fine and if you do that's nice?

Dancingqueen17 Thu 06-Nov-14 13:53:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ruth10 Sun 09-Nov-14 20:21:35

I agree, I absolutely don't mind and certainly do not 'hold grudges'. It is lovely to be appreciated but kind words and a thank you is a way of showing your appreciation too. We don't do the job for presents!

(Though presents are definitely appreciated too!)

AhhhhhhryaOfGhostHouseSnark Sun 09-Nov-14 20:26:57

I used to be a ta, I didn't expect a present or card and I certainly didn't care if I didn't get one.
I agree a simple thank you or positive feedback is lovely, we used to get some lovely messages in the school / home communication books, it meant the world to us to know that we were doing a good job.

ghostvitruvius Sun 09-Nov-14 20:50:05

Don't really notice who does or doesn't give presents tbh, but what always stands out is homemade cards with a really nice message inside.

blueemerald Sun 09-Nov-14 20:52:49

Wouldn't ever notice or care but if a student leaves on the last day without 'Merry Christmas' or 'have a nice holiday' etc I would as I would have said it to them. I do work in a school of 50 students though.

Coconutty Sun 09-Nov-14 20:54:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sunna Sun 09-Nov-14 21:03:04

I noticed who did, so naturally noticed who didn't. A card or even a present is lovely but it didn't make any difference to how I felt about the child if I didn't get one.

LokiBear Sun 09-Nov-14 21:07:57

I don't always notice, but I work in a secondary school and teach 650 pupils. It's lovely to receive a present and I always keep cards, but no. Teachers would never hold a grudge.

PesoPenguin Sun 09-Nov-14 21:13:38

Well I notice who does, it would be rude not to, but I don't care who doesn't. I certainly don't go through the class, thinking about whether they've brought a card/ present. The only thing that makes me sad is when the teacher has been thought of but I (as the TA) haven't. Not because I want something, just that its nice to be thought of.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now