Talk

Advanced search

Gift experience for dh?

(2 Posts)
Biggamehunter Thu 06-Nov-14 12:05:01

I have zero idea what to get dh for christmas because basically he has everything he wants. I started looking at experience days instead and was contemplating booking him and ds a feed the tigers experience at the safari park.

It's quite expensive and only lasts and hour and a half although you do get all day entry to the safari park as well. I'd go too but not to the tiger feed. I'd just wait for them to finish and then go around with them.

They go out with a ranger, feed the tigers and then get a disk with photographs of the experience.
Dh and ds are both very interested in wildlife and I'm trying to encourage dh to do more with ds so it would kind of cover that too.

But I wouldn't be able to afford to get much else for dh then.
What do people think?

InfinitySeven Thu 06-Nov-14 12:09:15

It'll depend whether it's something your DH would want to do, I suppose.

I've done it. It was good, but it didn't last long, and obviously you don't get to do much...there has to be three bolted doors between you and the tigers at all times, so while you do get to say that you fed them, it's not much different to seeing them from outside the enclosure. They did some clever editing that made it seem as if we were closer from the photos.

You'd also need to make sure that it happens! For DP's 25th, I got him a catalogue of experiences that he'd wanted to do...a driving experience, a flying experience, abseiling, day trips to landmarks that he wanted to visit. I put them all in a lovely handmade book, with spaces for photos. His family all wanted to come to them, though, and in the end, most of them expired. They only lasted a year and getting everyone together and nice weather etc made it impossible. Lesson learned for me!

If you think he'd love it, and he'd actually book it, it could be a lovely idea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now