Talk

Advanced search

Stocking filler ideas 2 YO

(11 Posts)
lotsofthingstolearn Wed 05-Nov-14 15:18:44

Our DS will be 2 in January so this year he will be slighly more aware about Christmas than last. Loving the traditions thread but am completely stuck with stocking filler ideas........any ideas?

Gifts we're getting him an Easel and a little tikes car and my parents are getting him a trike thing so he has more than enough but needs help on the stocking.....

blacktreaclecat Wed 05-Nov-14 15:25:45

DS 2.5 has: Choc coins, small chocolate figure eg tiny snowman & snow dog- Thorntons. Also probably an orange as per tradition
Bath books 59p home bargains
Bath xylophone and puzzle, little kaleidoscope- from Sainsburys toy sale
Thomas train for his train set
Set of small Raa Raa figures
Winnie electric toothbrush- also home bargains
Thomas Christmas book
Peppa DVD
Maybe some socks/ slipper socks

2LittleFishes Wed 05-Nov-14 15:25:55

How about crayons or chalk for the easle? For our little girl who's 2 this month we have bits that she'd need anyway like hair bobbles, clips, big girl knickers for when we get round to potty training, few crafty sets, water bottle, little hot wheels car, Christmas vest, one of those flannels you have to put on water, then the usual bits like choc coins ect.

I found it easier to just go out an see what I could find, pound shops ect are prob a good idea, although I just got carried away in tesco and did it all in one go grin

blacktreaclecat Wed 05-Nov-14 15:26:23

Also pots of play doh, crayons etc?

Sootgremlin Wed 05-Nov-14 15:28:49

My son was 2.5 last year. His stocking had:

Bubbles
Peppa Pig playing cards (matching, snap etc)
Crayons, colouring book
Flannel (with car on it)
Crocodile toothbrush (highlight!),
Set of ink stamps
couple of hot wheels cars
Stickers
Wooden engine
Schleich dinosaur

He hasn't had sweets before, but might put a kinder egg in this year.

I love doing the stocking blush

Sootgremlin Wed 05-Nov-14 15:33:33

He's actually always had chocolate coins but has never eaten them. Something of no tradition though anyway.

lotsofthingstolearn Wed 05-Nov-14 15:45:12

This is why I love MN.........thanks. Best get onto amazon! Looked at play doh and not sure my OCD will cope with the inevitable mixing of colours

Sootgremlin Wed 05-Nov-14 16:01:27

Oh yes, forgot, I usually put a tub of play dough in. And maybe a small book.

Ok. You don't need any more encouragement grin

Lilicat1013 Wed 05-Nov-14 21:47:49

Cars - Megabloks do some little ones you can take apart, Toot Toot ones are popular, Fisher Price do Wheelies which are a good stocking size and Hot Wheels ones are cheap (although be careful if he chews, my eldest used to go for the wheels)
Bubbles
Crayons/bath crayons
Bath squirters
Small books or mini library sets
Blind bag sets, Wow toys do some suitable for little ones. They have a Christmas set with a Father Christmas figure and a reindeer. They also have RSPCA ones with animals in. I think Happyland do them as well
Accessories for his easel - paintbrushes, paint pots, chalk, stickers, pencils etc

KnittedJimmyChoos Wed 05-Nov-14 22:29:52

little hexbug thing that goes in the bath
another moving bath toy
a digi bird
stamp set
and a little soft toy,

then choc coins, satsuma

oobedobe Wed 05-Nov-14 23:17:51

My 2.6 year old DD2 is getting (FYI we do sacks with slightly bigger gifts rather than tiny stocking stuffers, but might be helpful for someone who is stuck)

Small My Little Pony
Sparkly purse
Dressing people sticker book
Bubble Guppies floor puzzle
Anna/Frozen Tiara
Frozen boardbook version
Magiclip dress-up Disney mini doll Ariel
Hairclips
Bath Dress-up people Foam Shapes
Playmobil figure bag
Frozen Elsa/Anna Jelly Bellys
Sparkly Crayons
Choc coins
Satsuma

She does have a 6 year old sister, so she is into a lot of the girly/disney stuff already and I know there will be fights if they don't get similar stuff!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now