Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Christmas Eve hampers

(16 Posts)
Cumberlover76 Wed 05-Nov-14 11:54:25

I'm sure I read something on a thread before about Christmas Eve hampers but I can't find it so sorry for posting again.

I really like the idea of little pressies in a hamper for Christmas Eve and now DH isn't working I mentioned the hamper idea to him and he loved it. So, as a newbie to this, any suggestions for Christmas Eve things for me, DH and DD who will be 2.9.

I was thinking pjs and slippers for DD as she needs new ones and maybe for me and DH if the price is right and hot choc and some nice nibbles. We have Netflix etc so won't need dvds, DD has a stocking already... any suggestions?

austin2586 Wed 05-Nov-14 14:33:42

We do a Christmas Eve hamper for our 3dc, dd8 ds5 and dd soon to be 3. I put new pj's in (so they have nice ones on for my xmas day photo's), DVD, popcorn, colouring/sticker book each and a small toy each (about £10-£15), to keep them busy

LokiBear Wed 05-Nov-14 19:53:26

Ours will contain tickets to the panto for Christmas Eve afternoon. Could you put tickets to something inside? My DD is 3 and we have been to the cinema a few times and she has really enjoyed it. Would cinema be any good for your kids?

BonTemps Wed 05-Nov-14 19:59:44

I always do a Christmas eve box for my 2 DS, they are both now much older 17 and 23, however I did try and stop it last year, and had to reinstate them as I had 2 really moody lads for Christmas grin. I always put a DVD, new toothbrush, PJ's, and small selection of sweets, packet of popcorn or crisps, and a yo yo or something similar, it really kept them quiet when they were younger, gave me time to get ready for the big day.

makemineapinot Fri 07-Nov-14 21:13:19

My dc love this and have done since they were wee! Now I get a neighbour to pop it in the lounge for us when we're out and even though ds no longer believes, he still can't work this bit out!! We have new pjs, the Christmas DVD for that year, popcorn, crisps, sweets - basically the recipe for a snugly night in and early bed!! And as austin said, it means they are well dressed for Xmas morning photos ( use dd isn't captured forever sitting in her pants and a vest top!!)!

MollyBdenum Fri 07-Nov-14 21:17:36

Pyjamas, bath bomb, Christmas stockings (they come every year on Christmas eve), Night Before Christmas, hot chocolate, blank thank you cards, a film is there isnt anything good on TV.

bogiesaremyonlyfriend Fri 07-Nov-14 22:04:22

My plan for my Christmas Eve box is to have pjs, hot choc, toothbrushes, flannels, microwave toy each, bath bomb, baking kit to make Santa cookies, Christmas books, box of chocs, (may sneak in wine for me and DH)

MollyBdenum Fri 07-Nov-14 22:12:11

Microwave toy? Is that an autocorrect or a real thing, and if it's real, what is it?

Callofthewild Fri 07-Nov-14 22:13:52

Ours will be pretty similar to those above but I've also bought the ELC Toybox Christmas figures to put in ours for DTD's who will be 15 months at Christmas. ELC Toybox Christmas

bogiesaremyonlyfriend Fri 07-Nov-14 22:15:27

Yes it's a real thing grin it's just a teddy you put in the microwave to make it warm....

MollyBdenum Fri 07-Nov-14 22:16:52

I had visions of eggs that hatched or monsters that morphed when microwaved for 30 seconds.

ItsGotBellsOn Fri 07-Nov-14 22:19:58

We do a box rather than hamper for the DC (just wrap a cardboard box in Xmas wrapping paper), with PJs, slippers or fluffy socks, a Christmas mug filled with sachets of hot choc/marshmallows, popcorn and a DVD, candy canes and a Christmassy book each.

DC absolutely love it.

Howaboutthisone Fri 07-Nov-14 23:17:18

We're doing this for first time this year following a thread here!

Plan is

Pjs
Hot chocolate
DVD
Book
'Twas the night before Christmas book
Gingerbread house to assemble
Mince pie for Father Christmas
Carrots for reindeer

QueenYnci Fri 07-Nov-14 23:31:30

Did this for the first time last year and loved it. This year it's going to be PJs, slippers, DVD, book and a new decoration for the tree. Probably add hot chocolate and marshmallows and maybe popcorn. Last year we put it in a wicker basket but this year it's going in a little storage box/seat that DS can use after.

BedPig2013 Sat 08-Nov-14 08:36:03

My dd will be 22 months and her hamper has got the snowman and snowdog dvd, a snowdog teddy, hot chocolate sachets for both of us, new pyjamas and nightgown, a rubber duck, a flannel, new towel and a bath fizzy thing. Going to open it after tea when she gets home from her dad's house

BedPig2013 Sat 08-Nov-14 08:37:21

Forgot to add in the night garden Christmas book recycled from last Christmas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now