Talk

Advanced search

Present for Mum

(5 Posts)
CalmAndConfused Tue 04-Nov-14 14:30:01

Hi,

Trying to come up with something to get my mum for Christmas. She is so hard to get for! She is in her 50's, doesn't drink, doesn't do make-up or bath stuff. She loves owls though. She has got her Doctorate, however is studying for a degree to change careers if that helps with ideas!. She lost her mum (my Gran) last year who always got her slippers/a new handbag. She could do with a new filofax type diary if anyone knows a good nice looking one maybe? I would love to get her a thoughtful present after the year she has had - plus she works so hard and never has a break, so she really deserves it, but am just drawing blanks. Budget is around £20.

Any ideas will be very appreciated!

Wilf83 Tue 04-Nov-14 15:37:09

Paperchase do an owl Filofax

Or how about carrying in your Grans tradition & get some owl slippers like these
http://uk.aromahome.com/products/owl-animal-knitted-slipper

Or see if there if there are any birds of prey centres nearby so she can
meet some owls.

CalmAndConfused Tue 04-Nov-14 17:03:28

Brilliant ideas! I had no idea about paperchase, I'll check them out! Also the bird of prey centres is a very good idea. Thank you smile

GirlAnachronism Tue 04-Nov-14 17:06:53

i got my mum a silver bangle with a snowflake charm from etsy, they may do one with an owl? came to about £16 iirc

Sootgremlin Tue 04-Nov-14 17:13:42

Does she do jigsaws or is she too busy? Saw on the bargain thread they have bbc wildlife ones reduced in Sainsbury's.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now