Talk

Advanced search

Best places to See Santa in Surrey/Sussex

(11 Posts)
MrsOs Tue 04-Nov-14 13:44:42

I live around the corner from Gatwick so am really on the border of Surrey and Sussex. Last year we took Jamie to Chessington Garden Centre to see Santa and that was nice but it was over so quickly.. this year now he is nearly 2 I wanted to do something a bit more special that is a bit more of an event, iygwim.

I thought about Tulley's farm but I was there doing a craft fair last year and I don't remember anything other than the hayride to see santa in his shed. I know there are things going on at Kew gardens (but it seems mega expensive), Wooton House in Dorking, Woodcote Garden Centre and Godstone Farm.

Has anyone been to any of these, are any any good or any other recommendations??

xx

Yoruba Tue 04-Nov-14 15:41:01

Was wondering the same thing. We are a but further north into surrey than you but have done fishers farm which was lovely but a bit far for us and v long queue for Santa.

There's a watercress line which does a Santa special, marwell zoo does a nice Santa experience but very booked up now. Chessington garden centre?
Bocketts farm is supposed to be very good. It's something like 6th best in the uk?

We have booked to go to Alice holt as they are doing a forest winter wonderland which looked nice and was reasonably priced (£40 for all of us.)

Just so you know, you've named your ds is your op. You can report it to mnhq and they'll edit it for you if you didn't mean to.

The Watercress Line is very expensive for what it is, if it's the same as when we did it a few years ago, it's a train ride where Santa comes along and gives you a present part way along. My DCs are older (10 and 8) but still want to go this year, we think we might go to Birdworld, we've done it there before, it was a fairly short experience but no queues as you get a 15 min time slot with a few other people.

We always get our tree from Alice Holt but have never done Santa there.

fuzzpig Tue 04-Nov-14 19:33:28

I've not been myself but I know they do a special Santa train ride on the bluebell railway.

Toomuchstuff12 Tue 04-Nov-14 19:39:47

Painshill Park (Cobham) is lovely. A beautiful walk through the park to Santa's Grotto which is in a real cave/grotto all decorated with lights. Stuff to entertain the children if there's a queue and a reasonable present. Sorry no idea of the cost.

Yoruba Tue 04-Nov-14 22:09:42

Interesting about the watercress line.. Never been but others I meet rave about it. It does seem very expensive.

I think the Alice holt thing could be new this year, though I'm not sure.

MrsOs Wed 05-Nov-14 13:36:56

Thanks ladies. Alice holt looked lovely but is all booked up for when we wanted to go.

I looked at Drusillas Park in Sussex which looks like a good option. Anyone been??

SpottyTeacakes Wed 05-Nov-14 13:43:50

I've not been but we are going to drusillas. We've used our tesco points for tickets. We are also going to chessington garden centre.

MelodyAngel Wed 05-Nov-14 17:09:44

Brighton Royal Pavilion one is good especially if you go as a group and get all dressed up. Can combine with the ice rink outside and a visit round the Pavilion too
Bluebell railway was ok when we went but not great. Santa just came down the carriage and gave out pressies and we got a mince pie, hardy exciting.

MrsOs Thu 06-Nov-14 13:20:34

I was interested in the Tesco clubcard exchange for a Drusilla ticket and wanted to use it on Sunday 21st December. I thought you would get a code so you could book 2 tickets online and use the code to get one free.. but no you have to take the token with you on the day along with your other prebooked tickets. the problem with that is that the token will not guarantee you entry during busy times which I assume xmas will be..
I don't feel comfortable with this because I am assuming they have a set amount of tickets on sale for the winter wonderland and once they go (bookable online) I am assuming they won't let anymore people in.. whose to say another 100 people won't rock up at the park with tokens.

SpottyTeacakes Thu 06-Nov-14 13:26:49

I've had a quick google and can't see anyone saying they've been turned away ever or that tickets have sold out. I'm not worried about it tbh smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now