Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What does your 4-year old DS play with most often?

(17 Posts)
ali23 Tue 04-Nov-14 10:52:33

Apologies for clunky title but just wondering what your 4-year-olds play with and go back to over and over. DS likes tractors of which we have tons but playmobil and Lego gets played with briefly before he gets bored.

We are thinking some brio train set stuff. This a success in your house?

BrieAndChilli Tue 04-Nov-14 10:55:14

Ds 2 who is 4 this month, loves his wooden train track, he loves thomas and plays with his trains every day. It was a hit with ds1 too when e was same age.

billiejeanbob Tue 04-Nov-14 12:49:56

imaginext batman. my ds had the batcave, batmobile and various figures for Christmas last year and they are still in great condition and played with daily.

Skyland Tue 04-Nov-14 13:40:38

I second the imaginext toys. We have the batcave, gotham jail, jokers house and the fire station and they are well played with. They are getting a new lease of life as a home for the trashies and moshis. The imaginext castle has also had a lot of attention from my boys. Figures such as turtles and avengers are also popular. I have bought some marvel mashers for my two for christmas.

Theonlyoneiknow Tue 04-Nov-14 13:42:19

Another vote for wooden train set. We have ours set up permanently on a play table and it gets played with every day.

We have this and it's brilliant.

www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Toys/Cars-and-Trains/Toy-Trains-and-Playsets/Mountain-Rock-Train-Table(0124360)?cm_mmc=Google-_-ProductListingAds-_-NA-_-Mountain%20Rock%20Train%20Table&gclid=CMGl-f-J4cECFYTbcgodej8AWA

Angie1978 Tue 04-Nov-14 14:33:59

We have the tower of doom from elc, brought it off eBay and have added to it. Gets played with everyday and any visitors we have always end up sitting next to it

JuniperTisane Tue 04-Nov-14 14:40:27

Its all about Hot Wheels for ds1 who got some for his birthday in September. His entire wish list is based around it.

Norfolkandchance1234 Tue 04-Nov-14 14:44:06

My DS loved brio which we have given away to our delighted neighbours whose DS age 3 plays with daily along with the duplo bricks we also gave him. We did have a re chargeable Thomas train to go on the brio track which was a def winner. I bought the ELC tower of doom in the sales and my DS rarely played with it although friends of his loved it.

Lilicat1013 Tue 04-Nov-14 15:54:31

My son loves toys animals, we have Schleich ones and various unbranded ones in that size and loads of mini ones. Those are mainly from Toob sets.

He also has a collection of little figures he loves, mainly made up of Busy Book figures but with some Moshi Monsters in there as well.

imme Tue 04-Nov-14 15:58:26

Octonauts have been going strong for a long time in our house and we have a fair few gups. Next would be anything building related so duplo, stickle bricks, Lego etc.

youbethemummylion Tue 04-Nov-14 16:03:40

My DS plays mostly with his brother i.e wrestling, football, make believe games. In terms of toys in all honesty it would be his tablet. A second hand Acer one he got last Christmas it cost £40 but has been the most value for money toy I have ever bought.

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Tue 04-Nov-14 16:56:43

Bloody paper scissors n glue!!!!!

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Tue 04-Nov-14 16:57:11

Otherwise

Octonauts
Spiderman
Toy story toys
Toy kitchen

NotPeppaPigAgainSurely Tue 04-Nov-14 17:03:31

My DS loves his Tomica train set which I add to each birthday and Christmas and he's grown out of his wooden train set really, his Cars character die cast cars are still popular, play doh, hotwheels car tracks, board games, anything superhero, card games and dressing up.

snickers251 Tue 04-Nov-14 17:10:54

Another vote here for wooden train set

Part of ds presents this year will be a new bridge or train shed

And I've just picked up he imaginext batcave so glad to hear feedback from those!

omama Tue 04-Nov-14 19:56:55

Octonauts, disney cars & planes, imaginext batcave & lego/playmobil are ds (4) current favourites. He does like playing with his wooden train set too but we only have a small set - wish we'd bought more really!

AlmaMartyr Tue 04-Nov-14 20:08:51

Dinosaurs and his dinosaur playmate mostly. We have a wooden train set but neither of the DCs have been keen. DS loves the marble run too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now