Talk

Advanced search

Best trike for a 1yo?

(3 Posts)
FelixFelix Mon 03-Nov-14 16:18:56

I'm looking at getting one of those 4-in-1 adjustable trikes for my DD for Christmas. She will be 1 on the 22nd. There's so many to choose from! It's quite overwhelming.

I've got a 20% off voucher for ELC, so was looking at the Smart Trike 'Vanilla' online but I've just seen it in the flesh and I don't like it as it was a bit cheap looking. There's another one called 'Dream' which is red and looked nice in the shop as it had a lot of padding and I preferred the colour, but I don't know if they are any good. The Dream one was quite a lot more expensive but seemed sturdier, so I don't know if it's worth paying more for something like this or just getting a cheap and cheerful version?

Can anyone help? Has anyone had a good trike they can recommend? smile

whatsagoodusername Mon 03-Nov-14 16:23:47

Scuttlebugs are brilliant. Fold up really easily so easy to carry it around, bright and colourful. We always have people ask about ours and all the DC want to play with them in the park.

LegoAcquaintance Mon 03-Nov-14 17:26:59

I wouldn't get a trike personally.

I would get a smaller ride-on without pedals, that they will actually be able to ride properly straight away rather then just be pushed around like a glorified push chair. We had an excellent 4 wheeled trike that DD just propelled with her feet. We got it for her first birthday and she was whizzing round the house on it before she could walk! But it is sturdy enough to use in the park too, and easy enough to carry or sling on the handle of the pushchair. it was this one

Then later, when they would actually be able to pedal it, I would get a standard pedal trike - or a balance bike - we upgraded to a balance bike when DD was 3.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now