Talk

Advanced search

Where to buy a new (fake) tree

(16 Posts)
Snog Sun 02-Nov-14 09:22:46

I finally have room for a bigger tree so am going to update my 3 footer for a 6 or 7 footer. I want a nice one but at this size they seem really expensive! Any recommendations for where to buy a nice big tree preferably under £100?

currieaddict Sun 02-Nov-14 09:52:26

B&Q or homebase are usually good. dobbies have lovely trees but usually expensive so not sure you'd get one within budget.

LokiBear Sun 02-Nov-14 10:06:07

I have a real tree in the living room but I'm boosting my tesco club card points to buy a slim one for the hall. If you have vouchers you could do the same? Then it's free! There are some lovely trees on the tesco direct website.

MonsoonInBelize Sun 02-Nov-14 10:07:53

The White Company have a gorgeous one but not cheap, their stuff is such good quality though that suspect it would last you a good many years.

EdithWeston Sun 02-Nov-14 10:10:55

Try a garden centre which runs a Christmas shop, like this one No idea if you're anywhere near it, and for some reason there's a glitch on the website so all prices currently showing £0:00 so not sure if they fit your budget. But there are shops like this dotted all over the place so I suspect you'll find one local to you.

mummybear1985 Sun 02-Nov-14 13:20:45

Look out for half price sales at homebase or b&q, I got a lovely 6ft one last year for £60 reduced from £120, think it was in early November. They had all kinds, with pine cones, lights, snow etc as well as plain ones x

Snog Sun 02-Nov-14 19:07:40

White Compamy one is 7ft 5 and looks great but £250!!!

Cocolepew Sun 02-Nov-14 19:09:28

Homebase have most of theirs half price atm.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 02-Nov-14 19:15:37

If you can hold out this year they will be in the sales for pennies.

Our M&S tree cost £100, £18 a few weeks later. I'm still bitter about it 7 years later.

SlatternGettingPumpkinReady Sun 02-Nov-14 20:25:41

I bought my 6 foot tree in B&Q when we moved in 7 years ago. I think it was about £80 which at the time I thought was expensive. We decided last year it was looking a bit tired so would get a new one this year. We went yesterday to B&Q intending to do the same again - we were very disappointed. Not a single tree came close to being as good and the closest in vavoom factor, which was pretty tame TBH, was over £100.

I'm going to try Tescoes next.

RufusTheReindeer Sun 02-Nov-14 20:36:48

I like that white company one

We bought our tree for £100 24 years ago

Just about everyone thinks it looks real and we do cover it with decorations but I do feel it's looking a bit tired

Wonder if that white company tree is up in any of their shops hmm

coffeetofunction Sun 02-Nov-14 20:53:06

I bought our tree from homebase about 7-8 years ago, paid about £70, should have been about £180 (I think)....we have taken good care on it, nothing missing, ever branch perfect...looks as good as the first year I got it. Also fits perfectly back in the original box is perfect for storage!!!

dancewiththetreedoug Sun 02-Nov-14 21:00:25

We've just bought a 7ft one from The Range for £69.99!!

It has over 1200 tips apparently (stealth boast) grin

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 03-Nov-14 14:50:11

Tescos have some nice 7ft ones for £60. Measure your ceiling height, I nearly bought a 8ft tree last year, our ceiling height is 7.5ft.

lavendersun Mon 03-Nov-14 21:33:09

I bought ours from Balsam Hill

www.balsamhill.co.uk

Over your budget but the quality is very good and I expect to be using it in 20 years time. I went for one of the 'real tip' trees (only 4.5ft though) and when you fluff it out properly, which takes a while, you would be hard pressed to notice that it wasn't real. It sits on an old wooden box which makes it 6ft.

It has paid for itself this year on its third outing and doesn't look like a twig at Christmas which our expensive real tree always did because it is in a room with a wood burner and we like to put it up on the 2nd weekend in Dec at the latest.

AlyssThePumpkinQueen Mon 03-Nov-14 21:48:54

I got mine from Dunelm Mill and it's done 2 Christmases with a toddler and moved house and it's still in good condition.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now