Talk

Advanced search

Leappad or Innotab??

(8 Posts)
IsaJess Sun 02-Nov-14 07:24:56

DD2 will be 3 in December - just wondering what everyone's experience of these tablets is and which you'd recommend....?

Dd2 loves watching DD1 (7.8) playing on her Hudl, always asks to play on DH's tablet (apps he's downloaded especially for her) or asks to watch videos (peppa pig usually!) that he's downloaded for her.
She would love to have a tablet of her own - that she could use independently and safely. I'm stumped and would be grateful for any advice. :-)flowers

SavoyCabbage Sun 02-Nov-14 07:36:42

We've a leap pad ultra and it's great. You can buy cartridges with games on or download them from the website, which is better and they can't loose them then.

All of the leapfrog stuff is educational so I find that I don't feel guilty when she is on there as opposed to the ipad.

It's really sturdy. The ultra is the first one where you can charge it, the previous ones has a battery pack which you had to buy or use ordinary batteries, so the ultra is the best one.

whatadrain Sun 02-Nov-14 07:39:09

I was researching this very topic last night for my nearly three year old twins. I went with the Innotab 3S in the end after watching many YouTube video reviews.

Personally I think they are much of a muchness but the Innotab seemed more 'grown up' so I'm hoping it has longevity and stops them trying to snatch their brother's iPad all the time !

IsaJess Sun 02-Nov-14 08:10:31

Ooooo 1 vote each hmm I've been reading reviews too. Still no closer to making a decision...
thanks Thanks for your advice though - good points that I'll look into smile

Finnellajoe Sun 02-Nov-14 10:37:36

We have had both and tbh I would get another hudl over either of them. You can set parental controls so safety isn't an issue but the apps and games etc are so much better on a proper tablet.

IsaJess Sun 02-Nov-14 19:09:56

thanks

BuffyFairy Mon 03-Nov-14 19:00:14

I'm having this debate too. Trying to choose between the Innotab max (which has android apps) or the Leappad Ultra Xdi for 3yr old DD. Most reviews reckon Leapfrog have the better educational games for the younger age group but Innotab is better at everything else. I keep going round in circles!

Elizadoesdolittle Mon 03-Nov-14 20:13:54

I had this dilemma last year and went for the innotab 3s in the end. Can't really remember what swung it that way to be honest but DD absolutely loved it. I say loved, unfortunately we left it on the airplane. I'm really toying with getting her another one but as she's nearly 5 now I think we'll get a tablet.
Anyhoo, I digress. I was impressed with the innotab and I know she would have used it for a number of years had we not lost the bloody thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now