Talk

Advanced search

What did you buy your DH/DP last year and how well was it received?

(5 Posts)
2kidsintow Sat 01-Nov-14 23:26:31

I pushed the boat out last year and bought DH a much needed laptop (his was in pieces). It went down like a lead balloon, partly because I think he didn't want me to spend so much on him and because he's always an ungrateful arse when it comes to receiving things .

This year I've got him a cd, a dvd, a wallet ninja thing and a novelty Family Guy toy. And unless something jumps out as a good idea, that's all he will receive.

LokiBear Sun 02-Nov-14 13:25:27

I bought DH a griddle plate. It was something he wanted! In our house, I am the miser that gets annoyed if DH spends a stupid amount of money, so we agree a budget of £50 each. This year ive bought him a radio, movie hamper with 2 dvds and some shortbread.

madsadbad Sun 02-Nov-14 13:29:38

A phone case with his country of birth flag and his name, he freaking loved it his eyes lit up like a little kids smile
An aftershave he likes but had never brought as its quite expensive.
Some other little bits.

HolgerDanske Sun 02-Nov-14 14:11:08

Awww madsadbad, that made me really happy. A gift that has that reaction is just the beys isn't it?

Last year I got him a print of a painting that means something special to us.

His favourite one was the first Christmas after we properly got together. I got him a big monkey (from the pg tips ads). He loved it.

HolgerDanske Sun 02-Nov-14 14:11:57

Uhm that was supposed to say the BEST! Honestly why doesn't autocorrect work when it's actually supposed to?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now