Talk

Advanced search

Elves!

(5 Posts)
306235388 Sat 01-Nov-14 19:49:55

I don't like the elf on a shelf 'spy' aspect but love the idea of them mischief making - has anyone does this and if so how do you present it to the kids? Does elf arrive with a letter?

Also where can I get a cheap elf?

TheHouseonHauntedHill Sat 01-Nov-14 20:30:34

I was drawn in my last years hype, I got my elf from ikea .

it arrived a week before xmas - with a letter we found on internet, google elf letters, and read some created our own. said something like, visit from elf, try and get round all the children as a little hello, touch base and see if presents will be suitable...we stuck ours in the tree with letter under arm.

LOVED I LOVED IT LOVED IT. and only a week of mischief was ol

mummybear1985 Sat 01-Nov-14 21:23:24

We will be trying this out for the first time this year, DS 3.4. Got a cute elf from the card factory for £1.99, now on the lookout for some mischievous ideas for him to get up to grin

PumpkinsMummy Sat 01-Nov-14 22:47:41

I want to do this for DS but didn't like the spying aspect either, and was worried that the cute elf would be missed after xmas when he had to go back. I have decided that his beloved teddy will be entrusted with a knitted elf hat and shoes (complete with bells) by Santa, who will send a letter to explain and each morning elf teddy will be hidden comewhere with a chocolate coin/idea for the day and a sprinkle of glitter for good measure. Hopefully being familiar teddy won't be scary, and he gets to keep him after.

tanya1312 Sun 02-Nov-14 08:21:08

You haven't got to do the spy bit just adapt it to your own children/family. Our ones love cuddles and being played with during the day. My daughter a lot older but still believes sent a elf request letter to santa, santa replied then the elves sent a letter.
This will be our second year, last year they arrived on the kitchen table with northpole breakfast ready.

Check card factory for elves also sainsburys do one for £5, lots of other people do them will the letters etc.

Have a look at facebook group christmas elf antics for ideas xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now