Talk

Advanced search

Gift ideas for a man who likes running please

(18 Posts)

He doesn't need running clothes or trainers. Have thought of energy gels and socks but that's it so far!

rubyslippers Sat 01-Nov-14 16:02:09

You can get medal hangers - got one for my DH

andadietcoke Sat 01-Nov-14 16:04:57

How about the trainer Sealskinz? I bought them for my boss who runs trail ultras and he couldn't believe he'd not heard of them before as they were so good.

EmilyGilmore Sat 01-Nov-14 16:06:32

A bike. Broaden his horizons.

Letthemtalk Sat 01-Nov-14 16:08:07

Just had a look at seal skinz for dp who is also a runner. £24 for their cheapest socks?? shock

WhatAHooHa Sat 01-Nov-14 16:13:45

Subscription to Runners World?

He's got a bike and never, ever rides it.

Sealskinz horrifyingly expensive. shock

His medals live in a drawer, and I don't want to encourage him to want them living anywhere else tbh!

I'm tempted to get him a head torch!

Crossed posts. Thanks buthe already subscribes to Runners' World, and spends hours with each issue, so really gets his money's worth. smile

LovesYoungDream Sat 01-Nov-14 16:16:58

A watch with built in gps to track his stats. They are expensive but very useful for fitness training and exercise.
Fleeced lined leggings for colder weather
Good quality high vis clothing if he runs after dark
Vouchers for music downloads to upload on his I pod

NickiFury Sat 01-Nov-14 16:17:04

How much do you want to spend?

When I was running I was desperate for a Nike Fuel Band. Pricey though.

AllMimsyWereTheBorogoves Sat 01-Nov-14 16:18:17

Would he like a book on running? My husband who is obsessed with running has one he consults a lot called The Lore of Running by Tim Noakes. For Christmas he has asked for Born to Run: The Rise of Ultra-running and the Super-athlete Tribe by Christopher McDougall and Daniel's Running Formula by Jack Daniels.

Other possibilities (thinking of the various bits of kit littering our house): hi-vis vest, thin gloves, wrist strap with tiny pocket, armstrap with slightly bigger pocket, things to go with a Garmin.

If all else fails, voucher for sports shop e.g. Sweatshop.

AllMimsyWereTheBorogoves Sat 01-Nov-14 16:19:26

Head torch - tick. Apparently it will be really useful when he is jogging back from his running club in the evenings.

Thanks ever so for the book recs - will deffo get him at least one of those.

He's got high-vis stuff and good leggings already, and I bought him thin gloves last year and a thin hat too. He's got a water belt thing and an armstrap thing.

He doesn't 'do' gadgets, so no i-pod and wouldn't appreciate the monitor stuff etc.

Don't want to get him vouchers.

Sorry - I must sound horribly fussy. Will deffo get some books though!

And tick to the head torch too!

Quenelle Sat 01-Nov-14 16:25:22

Running-related books? I loved What I Talk About When I Talk About Running and Running With the Kenyans.

He's got, 'What I Talk About' - bought it him a couple of years ago. Will investigate all of the other book recs and buy at least one of them, thank you. smile

nic013 Sat 01-Nov-14 16:28:05

A mini I pod containing cool tunes to run to or podcasts/audio books.
Something to clip his wallet/drink/phone onto while running.
A running t shirt with a personalised print
Sunglasses

AllMimsyWereTheBorogoves Sat 01-Nov-14 16:36:35

Thanks for the other book recs - I am making notes now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now