Talk

Advanced search

present ideas for 3 year old dd

(22 Posts)
Iggly Fri 31-Oct-14 08:33:48

Dd will be 3 in December plus obviously it is Christmas so I'm looking for ideas.

Unlike her brother,she isn't bothered by small world stuff like playmobil.

She has loads of dressing up stuff already. And sparkly jewellery. And pens etc for crafty stuff. And books.... And a play kitchen....

<sigh>

I wondered if anyone had any ideas? What do your three year old girls love?

TheOnlyPink Fri 31-Oct-14 08:50:53

I have a little boy who is 3 in December too, so need double the ideas for families as well as ourselves! I get things that are aimed at slightly older children and put them away for the summer.
He does love playmobil so is getting a lot of that!

What about duplo? They have lots of lovely sets, our favourite is the animal hospital. Every child that comes over loves to play with it, regardless of age!
Melissa and Doug puzzles and toys are really nice, I got some sticker books for my Ds.
Fuzzy felt. Aldi have some in atm, in a few different scenes. They are 4.99 Euro, so much less in pounds!
Does she like baby dolls? Does she have a pram?
A vet/doctor set?
Fridge magnets? Leapfrog phonics set are fab, both my boys loved them!

Iggly Fri 31-Oct-14 09:25:20

She has a pram, dolls etc. Being the youngest girl in the family, we got a lot of stuff handed down!

We also have duplo from ds which she wasn't too bothered about - neither was ds, he went straight to Lego.

Puzzles, yes. Melissa and Doug yes - these are good ideas thank you. I forget them! And fridge magnets, excellent idea again we have some cheap ones which are falling apart so can refresh those!

attheendoftheday Fri 31-Oct-14 09:41:25

How about a scooter or a balance bike? Other hits with my 3 year old are her teepee, marble run and playdoh sweet shop sets.

Iggly Fri 31-Oct-14 15:16:04

A balance bike - yes that's a good one. She has a scooter and is a whizz on it.

elQuintoConyo Fri 31-Oct-14 18:31:10

We also have a DS turning 3 in Dec! Small world!

He loves stickers, got some of them.
Refreshing his plaoy doh.
Found a Wendy house second hand for indoors.
He got a kitchen last year, has barely looked at it, nor the pots/pans/playfood we won't mention him trying to stick a big plastic carrot up his bum
Just bought him today a bike with stabilisers - in all honesty, a balance bike would be fantastic for him, but he'd go too fast for us to catch blush so got him a bike that'll take a while to get used to wink
Um... he still sleeps with us! Which will change after Christmas, so we're getting him bedding and I'm going to make: sheep rug, sheep pillow, sheep pyjama case.
Friends gave us a desk that turns into a blackboard, with a little matching seat which we have put away for bday/xmas.

Apart from that, loads of car things! He isn't into: figures, animals, bricks, books... just four-wheeled things!

Haven't seen fuzzyfelt in my Aldi theonlypink but I'm in Spain... will keep my eye out!

Greenlamp1 Sat 01-Nov-14 19:06:42

I have twin girls who will be 3 early Dec. They have Baby Born dolls which they are obsessed with so we are moving up a level to the Baby Annabells. Might get the matching carry cots too. Also, doctor sets. That's what I've thought of so far. What about those heads where you can brush and clip up their hair? Does she like Frozen? Nice themed toys in the shops.

306235388 Sat 01-Nov-14 19:25:09

Dd is just 4. Hits in the last year have been -

Puppet theatre and puppets
Swing for garden
Baby dolls and pram
Bedside cot for baby doll - made by nenuco
Barbies sadly
Peppa pig toys
Craft stuff galore
Desk

Mummyboo30 Sat 01-Nov-14 19:49:14

My DDs Christmas (from everyone) list this year includes:
A scooter,
An Elsa doll,
Sylvanian families
Duplo
Jessie from toy story
Gruffalo pencil tin
Dinosaur figures
Books
A snow globe
Craft kits
Maybe my little pony stuff.

She also enjoys playing with other toy story toys, a keyboard, play food etc and her many many cuddly toys!

ScrabbledLeggsAndToes Sun 02-Nov-14 12:55:09

Saxoflute - Although only if you don't mind noisy toys!grin

newtonupontheheath Sun 02-Nov-14 13:19:54

My puppy pal scout (or whatever it's called) was an unusual hot with my two last year. They also do violet, the girls version (ie exactly the same but purple)

306235388 Sun 02-Nov-14 13:27:42

Oh and despite not actually being keen on toy story she likes the large talking Jessie and woody dolls and bullseye plush toy

Misty9 Sun 02-Nov-14 19:38:37

My three year old ds is madly coveting a sing along cd player for Christmas. His friend got one recently and ds is obsessed with seeing how it works! (You can see the discs spinning round).

We're getting him a marble run, a magnetic calendar with weather, days of week etc on it, books, and possibly a chocolate coin maker after I saw such a thing mmentioned on here smile

I just got him a cash till (second hand) which he loves, oh and I picked up a metal spinning top at a sale yesterday and he hasn't stopped playing with it. Any of those any good?

LaPetiteCoccinelle Sun 02-Nov-14 19:51:40

DS (3) is getting

A dvd of Cars plus Cars duvet set
A Drs kit
Big duplo base so he can get more use of his existing duplo
Fire fighting duplo set
Mog books
Stuff to turn his bath water different colours
Bath crayons

Current toy favourites
His scooter and bike (with stabilisers)
Brio train
Lego road plates and various cars/lorries/fire engines
A huge plane
Fisher price bus
Toy kitchen
Craft stuff
Bubbles

Lovelydiscusfish Sun 02-Nov-14 21:25:47

Orchard games? My dd is really in to these at the moment - she's a little younger, but it notice they have loads of fun sounding ones for older toddlers/young children, too.

Iggly Mon 03-Nov-14 06:35:25

Some great ideas thank you!

Livvylongpants Mon 03-Nov-14 06:48:20

dD is getting the asda dolls house, frozen dress and dolls, a new doll that crys etc and a nicer dolls pram. An easel (ikea do one for £16 with blackboard and whiteboard)

MaryWestmacott Mon 03-Nov-14 07:06:33

Dolls house or wooden play shop (large for her to role play). Easel and chalk. Toys from any programmes she likes?

MaryWestmacott Mon 03-Nov-14 07:19:59

Oh and as a winter baby, outdoor toys, they tend to have less. A Wendy house or slide. The balance bike mentioned earlier is a good idea.

siblingrevelryagain Mon 03-Nov-14 07:31:16

My DD turned 3 last week. She had for bday or is getting for Xmas:

Balance bike (and cute Minnie helmet)
Baby annabel & baby annabel's brother
Doll car seat
Sheep onesie
Dressing gown & matching for fave teddy (bhs do lots in this theme in nightwear; really sweet if they have a beloved doll or toy; they can dress the same)
Peppa pig medical case
Frozen dress up
Frozen hat/gloves/scarf
Doll Moses basket
Pink sledge (I live in hope!)
Sylvanian house + figures
Leappad 2 (a concession as older brothers finally getting iPad mini's)
Every year since birth she's had the large Minnie Mouse with the year on her foot

In the past she's had kitchen/pram/scooter/happyland etc

Messygirl Mon 03-Nov-14 07:36:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WidowWadman Mon 03-Nov-14 07:38:44

Hexbugs! Annoying as hell, but 3year olds love them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now