Talk

Advanced search

Dolls House no longer needed -would be a great present for a wee one.

(11 Posts)
frankblackswife Thu 30-Oct-14 15:52:11

Hi,

My DD is now a strapping teenager but I've never had the heart throw out her dolls house (no more girls in family/close friends) but it's such a waste sitting in a cupboard not doing anything.

I would be happy to donate to a local family (is big so can't be posted) who could maybe use it as a Christmas present.

It's a Pintoy Malborough Dolls House (with Basement floor) like this:
www.amazon.co.uk/Pintoy-Wooden-Marlborough-Dolls-House/dp/B0006HBF7Y

It's in great condition -played with but taken care of. The only thing is one of the basement doors doesn't always close flush but am sure that could be fixed with a wee bit of dowling.

I also have some of the Pintoy Farm houses (not sure if it's the full set) and would be happy to get rid of them too. These are a lot smaller than the dolls house but similar in style (red roof etc).

Now I'll be really honest and say I don't know what we have in terms of doll furniture or animals but I will hunt for it and happily provide what we have but it's unlikely to be anywhere near full set. I had a wee look online though and there are sets of furniture/animals that aren't too dear.

All free to a good home and wee girl (or boy!) who would like it for Christmas -happy to deliver anywhere in the Glasgow/Renfrewshire/Dunbartonshire area.

I am donating to the Mumsnet Secret Santa but thought this was too restrictive for them to try to pair me with someone for, I do hope someone can use it.

iloveholidays Thu 30-Oct-14 16:06:46

What a lovely post smile Love posts like this, puts a big smile on my face.

I would have loved the farm houses but I'm near Winchester so a bit far grin

Ilikesweetpeas Thu 30-Oct-14 16:12:20

How lovely, I'm also too far away or would have asked for it for my special needs nursery class. That's where all used toys from my house end up! I'm sure someone will be very happy with that

frankblackswife Thu 30-Oct-14 17:09:53

Such a shame you guys aren't closer.
I'm happy to go out of area but I think Winchester is just a wee bit too far smile

nousernamesleft Thu 30-Oct-14 17:13:32

I'd love this for my brood, I'm in South Ayrshire, would we be able to organise anything? My 8 year old would be over the moon with it, as would the babies when they got older I'm sure.
What a lovely gesture, it's things like this that make the world go round smile

frankblackswife Thu 30-Oct-14 17:16:05

nousernamesleft -it's yours! smile

If you PM me I can give you my email/mobile and we can make arrangements , am happy to drop off . Would most likely be at weekend though due to work commitments but we can organize something that suits you best.

nousernamesleft Thu 30-Oct-14 17:31:21

Fantastic thank you so much, will pm you now smile

waithorse Thu 30-Oct-14 17:59:28

Lovely thread. smile Well done op.

VampiresLoveNECKtarines Thu 30-Oct-14 18:51:53

grin This is one of the many reasons why I love Mumsnet!!! Great thread OP!

LoveVintage Fri 31-Oct-14 16:48:16

smile that is what Christmas should be all about.

Ilikesweetpeas Sat 01-Nov-14 23:21:53

How lovely! I'm glad the toys have a new house where they will be appreciated. That's the reason I take toys into my nursery, love seeing the children play with what DD liked

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now