Talk

Advanced search

Need ideas for an early Christmas gift for my hairdresser please

(7 Posts)
chicaguapa Thu 30-Oct-14 10:24:37

I've been going to my hairdresser for years and we have built up a bit of a friendship, though we're not friends IYSWIM. I now live at the other end of the country but still go back to him twice a year to get my hair cut.

Next month he's coming into work on a day off as I'm in the area and I can't change it to another day. I don't tip him because it would embarass him so I want to give him an actual present to say thanks and I can pretend it's an early Christmas present. But I can't think of anything inspiring.

He's early 30s, gay and in a long-term relationship. I don't really want to get wine, chocolates or toiletries but equally I don't want it to look like I've put an enormous amount of thought into it or make it too personal as that would be creepy.

Any ideas please? I'd be looking at spending around a tenner. Thanks.

Latina29 Thu 30-Oct-14 17:27:31

Hi!
a cozy blanket would be nice. smile

myotherusernameisbetter Thu 30-Oct-14 18:09:20

Do you know anything about what he likes to do in his free time? Does he have a dog? id he a clubby type person, into cars, gadgets, travel or a country walk type person etc.?

I'm sure not all gay hairdressers are into the same type of stuff grin

What about:
A nice Christmas Candle?
Some kind of Coffee Table book?
A kitcheny type gadget e.g bottle opener
Fancy key ring for the shop keys
A funny mug filled with sweeties

chicaguapa Thu 30-Oct-14 18:28:12

Thanks for the suggestions.

He goes on city breaks abroad but says his partner organises those. He also likes holidays in the Peak District. Not sure if he walks while he's there though. The salon website says he likes dogs so maybe he does.

scarevola Thu 30-Oct-14 18:37:01

What do you chat about? Any ideas at all about his interests?

Hat/scarf/gloves?
Upmarket olive oil?
Gin?

LoveVintage Fri 31-Oct-14 08:58:32

What about a voucher for a nice deli local to him that he could spend on nice goodies for Christmas?

chicaguapa Fri 31-Oct-14 13:33:45

Thanks for everyone's help. I'm thinking of getting him some Scorpian vodka but still looking for other ideas in case I find something better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now