Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Teenage Stockings

(21 Posts)
ChillySundays Fri 24-Oct-14 20:48:59

I struggle each year with my DS. It's so much easier for my DD.

I normally get a CD, DVD, socks and boxers but after that I am lost

Ideas greatly appreciated

myotherusernameisbetter Fri 24-Oct-14 20:56:25

Is this actually for their stocking or as actual extra gifts which seems to be what some people on here call stocking fillers?

If the former then: boxes of cereal, crisps and favourite juice and milk shake and sweets - bit of a theme smile

Novelty memory sticks
puzzles - e.g rubic cube
a magazine
a poster
shower gel/lynx spray etc
phone stylus,
key ring,
hot chocolate
stuff dependant on hobbies - e'g scout knife, head torch, paracord bracelet, scooter lights, plectrums, goggles, headphones, smart gloves (to use with a smart phone)

Maryz Fri 24-Oct-14 21:06:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Maryz Fri 24-Oct-14 21:06:53

Annunziata Fri 24-Oct-14 21:12:36

Earphones, phone covers, boxers/ nice underwear too smile

TongueBiter Fri 24-Oct-14 21:16:00

Earphones
Phone charger
Pot of Lucky Charms cereal (pound shop!)
Marshmallow fluff
Smellies
Underwear
Gimmicky things - BHS have watches that light up when you press them, that kind of thing.
Pen with USB

Hassled Fri 24-Oct-14 21:19:45

I always get some scratch-cards.

mrsdavidbowie Fri 24-Oct-14 21:21:11

I've said it before...the face/arse sponge.

ChillySundays Fri 24-Oct-14 21:36:51

Thanks everyone. Everyone's come up with some good ideas. You would think I would have sussed it all out by now

myotherusernameisbetter - it is to actually to go in a stocking so cheap and cheerful. Like the idea of a rubic cube.

mary - he will love silly string.

In the past I have ended up buying t-shirts for him to make up the value. Girls' (although she is an adult now) stockings are just so much easier. Load of make up and Primark jewellery.

They love having a stocking. Always hung on bedroom door and then they sit on our bed emptying it before going downstairs. Were disappointed last year as my DH was ill (don't mean a bit of a cold) last year and I didn't do them.

Caramelkate Fri 24-Oct-14 21:58:04

This year for my teens I am doing themed stockings. 1 is getting 'gay pride' one is getting 'coffee' one is getting 'gap year' and one is getting 'crochet'. I just search amazon and ebay for things related to their theme - it's easy and fun, and less tat. The themes are flexible so the coffee stocking has coffee, a mug, coffee face mask, Starbucks voucher and coffee bean necklace.

Cric Fri 24-Oct-14 22:04:15

Every year we had the same things in ours.... A book, selection box, DVD, calendar, socks and the piece of crap that dad picked! Every year the 3 of us would take it in turns to pick the present that we all had to open and did it together. The lasted until I was 27 and bought my own house. I bloody loved it!

ChillySundays Fri 24-Oct-14 22:15:22

Cric - I was so shocked when mine asked where their stockings were. Even when I said I had spent more money on a main present they weren't bothered

Cric Fri 24-Oct-14 22:24:57

When I got my first job I used to buy my parents a stocking and leave it outside their bedroom door. I really miss having a stocking!!

ChillySundays Fri 24-Oct-14 22:56:54

My mum used to use cut up tights - long and stretchy. Fit loads in and always a coin at the bottom. Always put a coin in the kids stocking because of that

Cric Fri 24-Oct-14 23:00:14

I want to be a child at Christmas!!

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 24-Oct-14 23:06:01

Last year I stuffed dds with edible stuff. She seemed pleased.

ssd Wed 12-Nov-14 21:48:23

good ideas here

Leeds2 Wed 12-Nov-14 21:56:44

You need something chocolatey in there, OP! Or one of those tubes of sweets, like jellytots.

mumslife Wed 12-Nov-14 22:41:29

Queenofknickers Wed 12-Nov-14 22:58:09

I did a slightly outrageous stocking for DSD 19 last year - shot glasses, condom case, amaretto, sweets, hangover kit, her fave cereal from when she was tiny - she loved it! A benefit of being the stepmum is you don't have to be quite as sensible....

Everythingwillbeok Thu 13-Nov-14 13:02:56

My DD is 17 at Christmas Ann her stocking consists of
A Starbucks voucher
A topshop voucher
A giant candy cane
Socks
Binky Felstead nail varnishes
A retro my little pony purse
An Alice in wonderland notebook
Lush soap
Jar of fluff
Hershey's kisses
A mascara
Carmex lip balm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now