Talk

Advanced search

Advent Calendars with chocolate and 1 or 2 little toys

(6 Posts)
chocolaterainbow Sun 12-Oct-14 23:51:02

Does such a thing exist?

When I was little I remember getting a trolls advent calendar one year that had chocolate behind most windows then a troll pencil topper behind one, and a little troll behind another. I remember really cherishing those little surprise toys, and I'd like to find something similar for my DC this year. But for boys - DS1 is 10 and DS2 is 7.

Has anyone seen such a thing? I'd like to get them a Lego one but they're too much £££!

erin99 Mon 13-Oct-14 12:16:37

We have a home made one and reuse every year. Would you consider getting something like this: www.amazon.co.uk/Hanging-Fabric-Christmas-Advent-Calendar/dp/B004IIKKSM and adding your own little sweets and party bag tat?

Ours is a christmas tree, and every day they open a new pocket to get a decoration, this kind of thing: www.notonthehighstreet.com/jollyfine/product/christmas-tree-fabric-advent-calendar
Then I add the odd choc coin, stickers etc now and again.

chocolaterainbow Tue 14-Oct-14 18:08:26

Those are really nice, but don't think I could trust my DC not to raid thrm while I'm having a lie in!
I was thinking a more of a regular chocolate one but with a couple of tiny toys, and tamper proof perforated cardboard windows so there's no sneaky business wink

chocolaterainbow Tue 14-Oct-14 18:09:24

I particularly like the tree one, it's like festive wall hanging tapestry.

Princesspond Tue 14-Oct-14 18:12:47

For future info Argos sell off the Lego and playmobil advent calendars after advent starts. I get one then and put away for the following year (£7-10 ish)

erin99 Tue 14-Oct-14 19:43:51

Yeah, I thought that was what you meant but I've never seen one so am no help on that I'm afraid.

I am sure my 2 go through the pockets for the 'charms' but I don't think it takes away from it - they love seeing them all again each year. But yes, I do have to sneak the extra treats the night before!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now