Talk

Advanced search

Christmas hampers

(13 Posts)
InTheNorth123 Mon 15-Sep-14 16:17:24

I want to make hampers for family members this year for Xmas. so far I'm thinking of making some Xmas themed fudge and cellophane bags with marshmallows and hot chocolate powder in.

Also going to see if I can buy some body shop type gift sets (but much cheaper!) and split them up to put an item or two in each hamper. Also going to make an Xmas themed lavender bag or two for each hamper, possibly a toffee apple each as well.

I'm on a budget so any cheapish ideas will be great. I'll be gifting the hampers to whole families rather than individual hampers for each person (kids all still at home).

My mum makes sloe gin usually, so I'll stick a bottle of that in each as well.

TheFantasticMrsFox Mon 15-Sep-14 21:33:15

Homemade mince pies, small Christmas cake or biscuits? Also a net of satsumas, nuts or chocolate coons smile

TheFantasticMrsFox Mon 15-Sep-14 21:34:20

And the prize for the most racist autocorrect goes to me hmm
Many apologies blush

InTheNorth123 Mon 15-Sep-14 23:12:29

Oh dear! blush
What was it supposed to say? Oooh Iike the idea of satsumas. I could put cloves in a satsuma as well (has a name I'm sure) to be used as a potpourri type thing.
Thank you.

chanie44 Tue 16-Sep-14 06:21:31

You could add homemade biscuits and chocolate truffles. Loads of ideas on google.

You could start buying bits now from the shops to take advantage of offers.

The body shop normally does a 50% off day towards Xmas so it's worth holding out until then.

LikeSilver Tue 16-Sep-14 09:27:04

Dd and I made Christmas chutney for our g-rent hampers yesterday - that worked out quite cheaply with Ikea jars. We will make blackberry jam too, and she can decorate biscuits and chocolates to go in nearer the time. This is terribly PFB but I'm going to take a picture of her making each thing to stick on the jars/bags - the g-rents will love this but don't worry I won't be inflicting it on anyone else! smile

My Dad and his wife love a movie night in so I was planning on theming theirs with a couple of (bargain) DVDs, some popcorn and chocolates, maybe a Christmas throw to put over their laps.

strawberryowl Tue 16-Sep-14 10:50:31

Mini brownies decorated with little stars or edible glitter?

InTheNorth123 Tue 16-Sep-14 13:59:17

Ooh great ideas, thanks. Especially the truffles. I might have to make two batches so I can try them first grin

chocolaterainbow Tue 16-Sep-14 14:44:58

Can I recommend white chocolate and Bailies fudge, so delicious, and the kids can't have it grin

I like likesilver 's idea of making chutney, can work out pretty cheap.

Also the bodyshop usually have some good offers just before Christmas, We got three gift sets worth about £20 each for around £30 last year (I know that's still a lot but they are nice gifts) but also try home bargains/poundland for soapy bits as they sometimes have nice branded stuff super cheap.

MsAspreyDiamonds Fri 19-Sep-14 19:26:30

I bought three of these last year for hampers and they are v good quality. Will buy again this year.

www.homebargains.co.uk/products/5836-luxury-hamper-basket.aspx

bimbobaggins Fri 26-Sep-14 20:33:55

Marks and spencer usually bring out a range of christmas items. Teabags, jams, mincemeat and other. Usually 3 for 2 so not too pricey .

Huntinghiandlow Sat 22-Nov-14 18:41:52

The express has an offer of 2 for 1 on hampers. They'd be good to spread luxury items across home made hampers.

mumslife Sat 22-Nov-14 19:52:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now