Talk

Advanced search

Who's hoping to get a slot for Harrods Santa's Grotto this year then?

(102 Posts)
SpottyTeacakes Sun 07-Sep-14 16:35:45

The time is almost here! Upset they're not going allowing members of mini harrods the first day priority booking this year so crossing my fingers we get a slot as we're really busy this year!

Let's all cross our fingers together grin

GobbolinoCat Sun 07-Sep-14 17:26:27

Yes me, I am hoping to get a slot, surely they cannot all go that quickly?

SpottyTeacakes Sun 07-Sep-14 17:31:05

I don't know as we got first pick last year and as dd hadn't started school we went on a week day. We can only really do Saturday afternoons this year and not many of them!

ilovelamp82 Sun 07-Sep-14 17:49:04

I have a rewards card, but I haven't received an e-mail about it yet, should I have.

I think I read somewhere else that someone had one and I'm worried I just deleted some important information.

SpottyTeacakes Sun 07-Sep-14 17:57:12

I had an email saying 'it's almost time..' But you get an email on the day you can book with a link you have to follow

ilovelamp82 Sun 07-Sep-14 19:29:55

Cool thanks smile

LlamaLover Sun 07-Sep-14 19:42:23

I'm hoping to book Harrods grotto too. I've never bought a thing in Harrods though too poor - do I just log in on the 17th September as early as possible to book? No school yet, so flexible on dates. Any tips from pros would be much appreciated. smile

SpottyTeacakes Sun 07-Sep-14 19:47:26

I think so llama. Last year we went a week before Christmas at 11am and the queue was so small. Do you live in London? We want to go in the afternoon this time so we can go and get an early dinner and see all the lights smile we're an hours train ride away plus twenty minute drive to station.

Annetter Sun 07-Sep-14 19:58:52

We already have 1 grotto booked but to please the great grandma (she wants to visit a grotto with tot) I'm trying to book harrods too wink

SpottyTeacakes Sun 07-Sep-14 20:14:33

I've booked chessington garden centre grotto too blush

Annetter Mon 08-Sep-14 07:19:07

Black gold and green tier 2 9am today
Green tier 9am tomorrow

Everyone else 17th envythanks

SpottyTeacakes Mon 08-Sep-14 07:21:33

I thought it was tomorrow Annetter?

Artandco Mon 08-Sep-14 07:31:59

Not going to book as harrods becomes bonkers at Xmas even if grotto isn't so bad.

I love the one Westfield puts on tbh, it's organised well, kids love ( as they add face into film), and lots of slots availiable. They have x2 santas also so speeds things up smile

GobbolinoCat Mon 08-Sep-14 08:39:06

anetter let us know how you get on, long wait on line, slots flying out etc..

Artando, is the westfield one done really attactively?

Annetter Mon 08-Sep-14 11:58:46

It is for green tier (me) spotty

Today for black gold and higher green according to the website thanks

SpottyTeacakes Mon 08-Sep-14 12:08:57

Black is tomorrow and green is from weds to Friday.

Annetter Mon 08-Sep-14 12:29:42

blush I thought it was Tuesday today... Oh pants iv missed an appointment too

How the hell I thought that it was Tues after cooking Sunday dinner for family yesterday I don't know confused

You're quite right spottyteacakes!

Artandco Mon 08-Sep-14 13:59:25

Gobbo - the one last year in Westfield was done in giant iglu outside with 3d film inside before meeting Santa. Not the worlds most traditional but I thought it was nice and the kids loved it.

We went to harrods also last year and they were miserable before even getting to the grotto as store super busy and hot. Def go weekday morning to avoid crowds

curiousgeorgie Mon 08-Sep-14 16:22:06

Spotty teacakes - I've booked chessington as well... I liked it a lot more than Harrods! wink

SpottyTeacakes Mon 08-Sep-14 19:33:19

When are you going to chessington?

curiousgeorgie Mon 08-Sep-14 19:51:58

The last weekend in December... I've gone the last 4 years, it's so good!

SpottyTeacakes Mon 08-Sep-14 20:12:15

I'm going the Monday before Christmas can't wait smile

GiveMeCheesecake Mon 08-Sep-14 21:11:22

We took DS last year (first time taking him to a grotto) and were disappointed. The visit inside the room with Santa was rather quick and everyone received the same present [has memories of picking out a unique present at garden centre grottos as a child]

Because it was Harrods I expected it to be "wow". DS loved it though and that's what matters.

On the positives, our visit was around 7pm and the queue was roughly half an hour. And the elves and the stamps in the book were a nice touch.

Westfields sounds good. I'm going to look that up for this year.

SpottyTeacakes Wed 10-Sep-14 06:42:23

Today's the day!!! Or anywhen from today until Friday hmm

I didn't think the harrods grotto was amazing but it's nice to make a day of it. We go with friends and have dinner etc

GobbolinoCat Wed 10-Sep-14 08:01:23

yes today is the DAY and I have to be out until 9. 30 shock will I have missed slots, I hope people up date...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now