Talk

Advanced search

Do you wrap big / awkwardly shaped presents?

(16 Posts)
UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Sun 23-Dec-12 22:24:38

I could have sworn started this thread but can't find it now, so sorry if there is a duplicate...

Quick question - do you wrap things like bikes, scooters, doll's houses, toy kitchens etc which are from Santa? I can't decide whether it's a massive faff or worth it for the unwrapping moment. DD is 5 BTW and completely believing of Santa?

TIA.

Peggotty Sun 23-Dec-12 22:28:04

No definitely not! I struggle to wrap normal shaped presents though! My dc have never commented if bigger presents aren't wrapped.

MrsCF Sun 23-Dec-12 22:29:47

I never have, in those cases we have either put a big bow on it or surrounded it by all the other presents and lots of balloons so it is obviously a present that has be delivered with all the others.

OddBoots Sun 23-Dec-12 22:33:52

Big big bags are the key, like this

mrsseed Sun 23-Dec-12 22:35:05

bike wrapping by making big envelope from two paper tablecloths tomorrow

snice Sun 23-Dec-12 22:35:55

put the item in the centre of a plain white sheet, gather it up at the top then tie with wide ribbon

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Sun 23-Dec-12 22:36:09

Thank you - a consensus so far then.

OddBoots thank you for that link, very useful and might save much swearing tomorrow night.

HorraceTheChristmasOtter Sun 23-Dec-12 22:39:11

I have a bright red sheet which I have carefully pinned to look like wrapping paper around a boxed exercise bike before. I made a metre wide paper bow which I pinned to it. Looked brilliant, but they couldn't work out how to get in so I had to help... grin

pumpkinsweetieMasPudding Sun 23-Dec-12 22:45:43

A big bin bag with a giant ribbon on solves this or a big red sheet smile

fuzzpig Sun 23-Dec-12 22:46:44

If we actually manage to build the bloody thing, the playmobil castle from Santa will be set up in the living room ready to play (I have wrapped the knights up to go with their stockings)

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Sun 23-Dec-12 22:49:36

fuzzpig I feel your pain re building a castle. Playmobil is so fiddly!

Will check out sheet options in the morning.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 23-Dec-12 22:53:51

Yes (why wouldn't you confused )

Every child likes a Big Box Present.
Last year DD got the Regency Hotel (Sylvanian Family) and DS got a large box Halo set.

This year DD wanted a cycle helmet (she had to try it on so she knows what it is) .It was like wrapping a large turkey .

If it's a very large present a paper festive tablecover would work.

EcoLady Mon 24-Dec-12 00:47:13

I once wrapped a bike - every bit of it covered individually: pedals, wheels, handlebars, etc, all wound round with strips. Took me fxxxing aaaaaages but it looked brilliant!

BringUsSomePigleyPudding Mon 24-Dec-12 12:31:35

I will be attempting to make up and wrap a scooter this evening. smile

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Mon 24-Dec-12 22:26:15

Scooter is not wrapped, just covered in ribbons. It looks great.

Doll's house is wrapped, took about 3 metres of paper.

Can't wait to see DD's face in the morning smile

fuzzpig Wed 26-Dec-12 10:00:44

Building the castle was actually really fun! We never had toys like that as kids so we were living a dream grin we got home at about 8.30, DCs went straight to bed after putting on their PJs, and we sat building it in front of a Vicar of Dibley DVD. DH thought I was being OTT by then setting up all the little knights/horses etc on and surrounding the castle, but it was fun doing that and I thought it would look much better than just leaving them in a box.

The DCs' faces were an absolute picture when they went downstairs and saw it smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: