Talk

Advanced search

Nice or naff present for my 92yr old Nan?

(7 Posts)
mynaughtylittlesister Sun 23-Dec-12 20:43:38

My Nan does not really want for anything, if we buy her ornaments then she puts name labels on the bottom so that when she dies they will be returned back to the person who gave them to her.

Every year she gets countless pairs of slippers, nighties etc as that is what she tells everyone she wants.

Today, while I was out I saw some garden bird feed (bit like seeded fat balls), now I know my Nan likes to feed the birds in her garden, she saves all her food scraps for them. Do you think she would like something like that or do you think she will think I am odd?

Ps, she is always happy with slippers etc but surely she would like something different (plus its her birthday in Jan too)

Floralnomad Sun 23-Dec-12 20:44:44

Sounds like a great idea .

FelicityWasSanta Sun 23-Dec-12 20:46:35

Great idea, my nan likes lavender soap too!

waitingtobeamummy Sun 23-Dec-12 20:48:32

We bought my great auntie a bird. Feeder that sticks on the window as she loves watching the birds! I think its a fab and thoughtful present.

mynaughtylittlesister Sun 23-Dec-12 20:53:13

Glad people agree with me, have sat here all evening thinking about it. Didn't know you could get ones that stick on the window! Thanks for the idea.

Startail Sun 23-Dec-12 21:13:50

I've given an elderly friend of mine a bird feeder with two small bottles of wine in it.

Seemed to go down well.

inchoccyheaven Sun 23-Dec-12 21:43:46

Sounds lovely.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: