Talk

Advanced search

Help - forgot to collect my M&S food order

(11 Posts)
wangle99 Sun 23-Dec-12 20:16:15

Just went to collect it when it suddenly occurred to me M&S isn't open between 8-9pm on a Sunday, checked confirmation email and it was yesterday I was meant to collect it.

Do you know if there is any leeway on the small print of 'if not collected within 2 hours your order will be considered cancelled'. It's been a hell of a week with DS having emergency appendix op and me trying to juggle childcare and work. Am slightly panicking now we'll have no veg or sides to go with Christmas dinner

annh Sun 23-Dec-12 20:18:25

No idea but go very early tomorrow and see if the order is still available. If not, at least you have time to pick up whatever it was - if only vegetables and sides they probably do the same stuff on the shelves (and cheaper!).

wangle99 Sun 23-Dec-12 20:19:46

Am planning to get there when they open at 7am and hopeful they will have food left. We will have lost the deposit (which DH understandably isn't very happy about) but thank goodness it wasn't a huge order. I feel so stupid but it has been a really rough week.

noblegiraffe Sun 23-Dec-12 20:36:06

M&S are opening at one minute past midnight tonight.

AnyaKnowIt Sun 23-Dec-12 20:39:05

Hold on. I'll ask dp he works for them...

BillyBollyBrandy Sun 23-Dec-12 20:39:54

M&S by me opening at midnight

AnyaKnowIt Sun 23-Dec-12 20:43:03

Just spoken to dp, he says that after the 2 hours your order would have been cancelled and the food put out on the shop floor display. You will also lose the £20 deposit.

But he did say that due to the reason you forgot, ring up the store and explain and see if they can sort something out for you.

wangle99 Sun 23-Dec-12 20:59:09

Thank you, I checked and our local store isn't open just after midnight so will go there at 7am and hope I can sort something out.

AnyaKnowIt Sun 23-Dec-12 21:06:25

I'm pm'ed you op!

RachelHRD Sun 23-Dec-12 21:07:42

Hope you manage to get it sorted - I would hope they would help you out under the circumstances.

Hope your DS is recovering well xx

RachelHRD Sun 23-Dec-12 21:08:20

Hope you manage to get it sorted - I would hope they would help you out under the circumstances.

Hope your DS is recovering well xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now