Talk

Advanced search

The ikea play kitchen..

(10 Posts)
SomebodySaveMe Sat 22-Dec-12 19:55:46

Planning to build it Xmas eve but wondering roughly how long it will take and what tools I should have ready for DP.

nannyl Sat 22-Dec-12 19:59:16

do you have the top part as well

OH did the top half 2 nights ago, and the bottom section last night

it took quite a while both evenings. ( reckon a total of a good 2 hours, possibly more?)

the hob needs 6 batteries (if you plan to put batteries in, i didnt)

MrsHerculePoirot Sat 22-Dec-12 19:59:39

Do you have the top bit with the microwave too? It took me and a friend about an hour or so last Christmas eve, and my brother did the top bit.

You get the Allen (sp) keys with it, but we had extra ones to use (and the ones that go on a electric screwdriver end to make it faster!). I think you need also a cross head screwdriver if I remember correctly and 6 AA batteries for the hob!

DD loves it and I think has played with it every single day!

MrsHerculePoirot Sat 22-Dec-12 20:00:39

Just checked with DH and he said an hour or so means 2 hours at least!

SomebodySaveMe Sat 22-Dec-12 20:49:57

We have the top bit as well. I'm hoping its not as bad as the tower of doom was last Xmas eve!

I must start buying presents that are already assembled.

MrsHerculePoirot Sat 22-Dec-12 20:56:01

Haha - I seem to remember that you need to be sure which way round things go, there was a definite undoing of something we put on backwards! And some were really awkward to get to to tighten!

Lots of tea and mince pies probably will help...

eandh Sat 22-Dec-12 21:00:17

We got that for dd2 2 Christmases ago, stored at my mum and dads and dad built Christmas Eve day and then built manor and wrapped for us and delivered in his van that evening! Took dad a good couple of hours to build x

eandh Sat 22-Dec-12 21:00:40

Oh best thing we have ever bought still,played with almost daily !

GreyTS Sat 22-Dec-12 21:02:12

DH reckons it took him 1.5 hrs but he is pretty proficient at DIY type stuff. Good choice of pressie, our DD's play with theirs daily and it still looks brand new, every child visitor makes a beeline for it.

wickedfairy Sun 23-Dec-12 05:50:45

dh very handy and took him an hour and a half probably, looks excellent though!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now