Talk

Advanced search

Emergency need presents for my mum!

(6 Posts)
curiousgeorgie Sat 22-Dec-12 10:45:35

Yesterday I went to my parents house for dinner and my mum mentioned that she hoped to get Jamie's 15 minute meals for Christmas... I already have it for her so felt very smug!

After dinner my little brother proudly tells me he's bought it for her with his own money! (So of course I can't take that away from him!)

Then my mum tells me she's bought the coat she really wanted from Next... Which is the other thing we bought her!

Lastly, I said I hoped for some perfume and my mum says 'Ive got too much perfume, take a couple of bottles from upstairs?'

I've got her perfume from DD!!!

So after feeling 'I've finished Christmas' smug, I now have only a couple of silly stocking fillers for my mum and no idea what to buy her! I also have a bored toddler, it's pouring rain and I'm supposed to be 'resting' after some first trimester problems...

Help!!

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Sat 22-Dec-12 11:07:53

Oh no! I was coming on to offer sympathy and look for ideas but can see you've been much more organised than me as I haven't even bought mine duplicate presents blush.

It was her birthday yesterday so most ideas get used up on that.

Magazine subscription?

Framed photo of your dd?

Something homemade from your dd...Christmas decorations always go down well with mine and DS still loves making them (he's 10 now!!)

nilbyname Sat 22-Dec-12 11:11:07

Oh dear!

Next...woudl she like something else, so you can just do a straight swap? New Bathrobe? Cardigan? Scarf?

What about complimentary bath/body stuff instead of perfume?

If she likes Jamie, what about some of his cook wear stuff, or if you are near one of his italian restaurants a voucher to have lunch there with you?

rutnoast Sat 22-Dec-12 13:38:37

my mum told me yesterday she wouldnt want a small handbag - guess what ive bought her for xmas sad

dont know whether to bother swapping it for something else or give it to her (since its already wrapped!) and let her choose something else herself. leaning towards the latter!

Doingakatereddy Sat 22-Dec-12 17:37:06

Spa voucher, John Lewis have some nice scarves & gloves to march coat, make up session voucher from smart cosmetic counter - Chanel / Lauder / Armani?

Or go for kindle etc?

Chippychop Sat 22-Dec-12 23:44:30

Kindle? Tablet? There are so e cheapies about too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now