Talk

Advanced search

Tree is dead! Replace or not?

(7 Posts)
Chippychop Fri 21-Dec-12 13:08:15

Dilemmas! Needles are still on but it is very limp! Should I live with it and brush it of with festive merriment Tra- la-la. or do I try and replace???? Took me blinking ages to do as well!!!

SpottyTeacakes Fri 21-Dec-12 13:09:30

I would leave it. Did you saw off an inch and put it in sugared water?

AmberSocks Fri 21-Dec-12 13:17:16

mine too,but it is naked from the middle down smile it was only 17 pound from local farm shop,i thinki might send dh out toget another tomorrow,my mums coming and i want it to look nice,else i probably wouldnt bother.

3ForMe Fri 21-Dec-12 14:19:09

This happened to us a few years ago.

Christmas Eve morning I opened the living room door and it looked a sorry mess(the tree)

So went to b and q and got a bargain fake tree. 8ft, gorgeous it was. Was £25 reduced from £130!

I'd replace as the fakes are just a bargain now.

mumof2girls99 Fri 21-Dec-12 14:54:14

id not replace it now but this is one of the things i use a fake tree and it still looks lovely

twentythirteen Fri 21-Dec-12 14:59:21

I'm sorry to hear that OP, I've worried that would happen to us. We bought a real tree this year for the first time in over a decade and didn't realise you have to saw off the bottom and got it all decorated before realising that! It went up December 1st. It's drying out but still looks pretty good and doesn't drop needles unless you mess with it. So we're lucky, but plan was to either replace with a real one or get the fake one back out if this one perished. Now it'sso late that if it sudenly dies we won't bother, it's been good and we're at inlaws for xmas dinner anyway.

Chippychop Fri 21-Dec-12 15:12:51

Never thought about the fakes being cheap....mmmm jury still out.no of course we didn't saw bottom off silly us....hmmsighing as wanted this Xmas to be perfect ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now