Talk

Advanced search

What are your children's favourite food over the Christmas period?

(19 Posts)
spookysal Thu 20-Dec-12 21:42:38

Apart from chocolate!

What do they look forward to? Really like?

The little jar of Nutella they each get in their stockings, as I won't buy it the rest of the year!

When they were younger I used to get them mini boxes of Coco Pops etc too, as again they considered these a special treat.

They recently both started eating meat again, after being veggie for several years -dd2 tells me that they don't care what they have for Christmas dinner, as long as it is 'something that is dead please.'

And dd2 loves sprouts.

lorisparkle Thu 20-Dec-12 21:52:38

Mince pies!

DD1 probably most excited about the Prosecco and sparkling rose I bought yesterday.

Greensleeves Thu 20-Dec-12 21:56:46

ds1; chocolate eclairs, fudge, fig rolls, roast potatoes and stuffing

ds2: selection box (all of it), haribo, marshmallows, pigs in blankets

Northumberlandlass Thu 20-Dec-12 22:05:09

DS's favourite are brussel sprouts with bacon bit & bacon fat. Last Christmas he ate 14 !!!!!!

RobinsBaubleSparkles Thu 20-Dec-12 22:07:04

I'm not sure but DD1 is very excited about the chocolate coins that she gets in her stocking every year.

NoSoggyBottoms Thu 20-Dec-12 22:22:07

My 11 yo DS loves the buffet. He loves being able to choose lots of little things and being able to go up for seconds (and normally thirds!)

Benaberry Thu 20-Dec-12 22:33:50

Sausage rolls/mini sausages

Ds1 begged for some of those little mini soft cheeses with various herby toppings that come in a pack with their own cocktail sticks when he saw them last week - I hope he likes them otherwise I'll have to eat them all he'll be really disappointed

eatyourveg Fri 21-Dec-12 07:47:43

home made honeycomb ice cream and zita jones pudding

Called zita jones in our house as many years ago she once did the recipe on telly as part of a sainsburys advert and we don't know the real name for it.(layer of fruit usually strawbs grapes, layer of amerreti biscuits, layer of creme fraiche sprinkled with brown sugar put under grill for a couple of minutes to caramelise) left over night to let the biscuits go gooey.

Tiggles Fri 21-Dec-12 14:12:03

pickled onions!

3ForMe Fri 21-Dec-12 14:16:35

Anti pasti!!
Crisps
Popcorn
Buffet food

We eat buffet food throughout Christmas. Might get the odd take away for dinner, but mainly snacky food.

So things like the frozen party food you can buy, with crisps, but of anti pasti, cheese, crackers

And we let them eat as much choc, crisps etc as they want over Christmas, a real festive feast for a few days!

Arcticwaffle Fri 21-Dec-12 14:27:16

With my dc it's mainly the chocolate that excites them. Everything else is secondary. But they do like Schloer to drink, and they like the whole Christmas roast dinner thing which is a bit odd given that they are veggie so eat no meat, they aren't the biggest fans of roast veg either, and they're not mad about nut roast, so I think they just like the atmosphere really.

DewDr0p Fri 21-Dec-12 14:50:59

Mine love Christmas Dinner and mince pies.

But not as much as the chocolate grin

wordfactory Fri 21-Dec-12 19:05:21

Mine love all the traditional food and make it clear that change is unacceptable.

Thus xmas eve is roast pork and stuffing sandwiches.
xmas day is turkey with the trimmings (though DS will not eat parsnips and DD will not touch peas).
Boxing day is a buffet.

WaitingForMe Sat 22-Dec-12 07:49:58

DSS1 is quite fussy and dislikes change (he's dyspraxic and copes partly by routine) so I've made a batch of jam tarts which he loves and cut out little Christmas trees in pastry to go on top. He'll also love the buffet at the family party on Christmas eve (but will just eat familiar items).

DSS2 eats pretty much anything but I'm hoping he'll enjoy the chocolate Yule log I've made (frozen in advance).

InMySpareTime Sat 22-Dec-12 08:01:05

Kilties(pigs in blankets), and homemade stuffing balls.
The sweets off the christingles.

steppemum Sat 22-Dec-12 08:09:32

trifle

although dd is looking forward to the sprouts hmm

and they all love a proper roast dinner

and the ham, ds is major meat eater, so he loves the ham

so we will all be happy!

WankbadgersBauble Sat 22-Dec-12 08:14:57

DD is a huge fan of christmas ham

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now