Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is it not the done thing to acknowledge that you have received a present via the post these days??

(9 Posts)
GimmeIrnBru Wed 19-Dec-12 10:07:47

We have posted out three presents via Amazon to friends who live too far away to drive to, but have not received any message from them that they've received the parcels. Is this normal??? Does no one ever get in touch to let you know they have received presents via the post any more??

DH thinks they may not have received them, so I've texted to ask if each friend has received the parcel (for each child). I would have thought it common sense to get in touch to let the sender know you have received it? That's what I'd do anyway...They were dispatched a week ago.

badguider Wed 19-Dec-12 10:10:32

I wouldn't open presents until christmas, so I guess I probably wouldn't do my 'thank yous' until after christmas. I guess I assume the post is reliable [naive?]

yuleheart Wed 19-Dec-12 10:13:13

Yes, they should have acknowledged receipt of the parcel even if they aren't going to open it until christmas day.

LittleChristmasBearPad Wed 19-Dec-12 10:13:31

I wouldn't confirm parcels had arrived as they'd be opened at Christmas and thank you letters dispatched in the new year. I guess I assume parcels that are correctly addressed will get to their destinations.

GimmeIrnBru Wed 19-Dec-12 10:15:35

Thanks, yuleheart. That's what I would have thought too...I am not expecting them to be opened, as the children will want a surprise on Christmas Day, but just a text message to say 'thanks, we've received the parcel for X'. Let's us know they've each received the parcel for each child.

choceyes Wed 19-Dec-12 10:17:10

Yes I would acknowlege the receipt of a parcel, and then thank you for the book/toy whatever after it's been opened.

LadyWidmerpool Wed 19-Dec-12 10:17:48

Well they aren't mindreaders. If you want them to do this then ask them.

GimmeIrnBru Wed 19-Dec-12 10:20:36

Thanks for the constructive advice there, LadyWidmerpool....

GimmeIrnBru Wed 19-Dec-12 13:50:21

One of the three friends replied to my text message to say that she received a card to collect a parcel last week but unfortunately due to unforseen circumstances she's not had a chance to collect from the Depot. Think I'll just put the other two down to having received it, but choosing to say 'thanks' on Christmas Day/Boxing Day...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now