Talk

Advanced search

How much does your big food shop cost ?

(14 Posts)
JingleUpTheHighway Wed 19-Dec-12 09:22:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

baileysontherocks Wed 19-Dec-12 10:34:48

Iv just spent £145 hmm and thats with no christmas dinner as we go to my parents also thats with no fruit,salad or veg or sandwich meats confused so iv got to go and do all that today its so expensive this year although some of it is for a boxing day buffet i also spent £40 in icelands towards that shock

slatternlymother Wed 19-Dec-12 11:02:00

I've spent £167 but that includes some treats and a bit of alcohol, but not the meat.

I've bought and stashed a few items throughout the past few weeks as well.

OhTheConfusion Wed 19-Dec-12 13:49:10

Our normal weekly shop is between £90 and £110 so I am dreading this weekends confused

MummyPig24 Wed 19-Dec-12 14:04:03

My online order I did last night cost almost £70. That's for 2 adults, 2 children. Not having Christmas dinner here but I am doing christmas day breakfast, fruit salad and pastries. Bought one bottle of prosecco and some fruit juice. A few things I wouldn't normally buy like coleslaw, coke and potato salad. Then there was all the normal stuff like cat food, loo roll, beans etc.

SantaWearsGreen Wed 19-Dec-12 16:47:01

£100. We don't eat meat so that makes it cheaper. First year we are buying a bit of alcohol because i've been preg the past 3 years and before that we always went to other peoples and drank theirs grin and I have expressed milk especially. Excited. So that is all the veg, ingredients for the soup starter, ingredients for cookies, gingerbread man decorating kit, biscuits, gingerbread house kit, alcohol, crackers, ritz, chocolates, champers, cheese, baileys and nice juice for DC. Bargain I think.

DisappointedPantomimeHorse Wed 19-Dec-12 16:51:08

I did a full weekly shop, including 4 bottles of ginger wine, a red wine box, a bottle of whisky and a bottle of fake Baileys for £99. I love Aldi!

I am buying the meat separately from a butchers for £30 though, and I still have to get cream and fresh stuffing. Also a couple of bottles of Prosecco for Christmas day.

Marne Wed 19-Dec-12 17:01:17

£100 including delivery, this includes a £30 turkey and a bottle of baileys smile, i have bought a few bits and put them back over the past few weeks too (x-mas pud, choc).

bedmonster Wed 19-Dec-12 17:18:03

Our Xmas shop costs us about £400 all in. Although only really for Xmas day which sounds extravagant. But we have a goose which is around £90, a few bottles of booze (slow gin, vodka, amaretto, brandy, some champagne, and the booze lasts us well into next year unsurprisingly!), and we tend to buy new roasting trays and dishes with our Xmas food shop. Then crackers, stuff for a cheese board with a nice bottle of port.
I'd say yours sounds reasonable without cooking Xmas dinner.

AlohaMama Wed 19-Dec-12 17:30:01

Dread to think. Planning on just entering in my pin and closing my eyes.

BoyMeetsWorld Wed 19-Dec-12 17:39:17

We've got £80 this year for 4 of us & are feeling pretty flush...generally shop for £40 pw and can honestly say we eat well with plenty of fresh meat, veg & fruit

Chewbecca Wed 19-Dec-12 17:45:39

About £250. Lunch for 10 for Christmas day and boxing day.
Always baffles me how it gets that much since a lot of stuff is bought or made advance (wine, port, champagne, chocolates, pudding, stuffing, cake, sausage rolls).

JingleUpTheHighway Wed 19-Dec-12 19:30:23

JingleUpTheHighway Wed 19-Dec-12 19:46:16

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now