Talk

Advanced search

possibly the easiest 'handmade' edible gifts

(12 Posts)
KvetnutsRoastingOnAnOpenFire Sat 15-Dec-12 20:37:46

I made enough for 4 little bags today, with 2 packets of marshmallows, some star shaped pretzels, and some milk chocolate!

first, melt the chocolate. (200g or so, takes about 60-70 seconds in the microwave, with stirring every 15 secs).

then lay some grease proof paper on a flat surface.

dip the base of each marshmallow in the choc, then put it choc side down on the paper. Do this until you've used all the mallows up smile

then take the pretzels (I got star shaped ones from sainsburys, but regular ones work too, obviously smile) and dunk them in chocolate, shake excess off, and place them on the paper - I sprinkled wee white chocolate stars over them for prettiness, but they are not needed.

Leave to set.

bag up in cellophane food gift bags, and present to yourself friends!

KvetnutsRoastingOnAnOpenFire Sat 15-Dec-12 20:39:49

another good pretzel one is to lay pretzels on a baking tray, put a rolo on top of each one, and stick in the oven for 5 minutes. remove, then press a pecan half into the top of each one to squish the rolo.

icovetthee Sat 15-Dec-12 20:43:54

These sound delicious! Must try wink

I like to roll peanut butter balls and freeze them so they're quick to solidify before dipping them in chocolate and rolling in chopped peanuts/white chocolate. I also love chocolate truffles.

I need to get my homemade gifts on!

fuzzpig Sun 16-Dec-12 07:57:50

Wow they sound amazing! And so simple that I could probably do them grin thanks for posting them smile

Allalonenow Sun 16-Dec-12 08:25:14

Take the stones out of some dates, then stuff them with marzipan, if using the large mejool dates cut them in half lengthways. Put in little paper cases if you have some.
grin

givemeaclue Sun 16-Dec-12 08:27:34

Yes I did there last weekend with lots of different sprinkles. I put the marshmallows on sticks like cake pops.

They go stale quite quick even wrapped in cellophane so would eat the same day

Eve Sun 16-Dec-12 08:45:15

The marshmallow thing we called top hats, also do what you have done then a little bit of chocolate on top with a smartie stuck in it.

Was a classic from my childhood.

KvetnutsRoastingOnAnOpenFire Sun 16-Dec-12 09:02:58

I know they are like top hats, but easier <lazy>

I did some with sprinkles, but thought they looked pretty just marshmallow and chocolate smile

chocolate bark is another easy one - melt choc, pour onto greaseproof paper in vague rectangle shape. add toppings. leave to set, then break up into irregular shapes and put in gift bags.

I have made chocolate orange ones (milk choc with a dot of orange essence stirred in, then covered in sprinkles), honeycomb (made my own honeycomb, but can be done with bashed up crunchies!), cookies and creme (white choc with bashed up oreos on top), two-tone (dark choc first, cooled, then white choc on top).

Spookey80 Sun 16-Dec-12 20:57:32

Chocolate bark here too, so easy!

givemeaclue Mon 17-Dec-12 11:09:20

Oh yes choc bark is a great easy one nice with maltesers in

BornToFolk Mon 17-Dec-12 11:18:56

Great idea! I've got some christmas tree shaped pretzels (from Tesco) that I might try covering in chocolate.

EcoLady Mon 17-Dec-12 11:19:18

Choc bark variations here as well! Smashed up Smarties or M&Ms look v pretty smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now