Talk

Advanced search

what's the etiquette about not sending cards for the first time?

(9 Posts)
Ponders Fri 14-Dec-12 19:42:33

what have other people done? do you still send cards to eg family?

I sort of feel that I should send cards to say that I won't be sending cards any more, but that would be silly...

maybe I'll send people a postcard at random times next year just to say hi

musttidyupBeforeSantaComes Fri 14-Dec-12 19:44:43

I stopped sending cards to people I see - I told them /texted/ fbook and said I'd be making a donation to local charity instead. Now only send them to rels/ friends I don't see often.

Ponders Fri 14-Dec-12 20:00:38

most of the cards I normally send are to people I never see - friends from way back, who live a long way away

& I don't have their emails or mobile numbers or see them on FB

Ponders Fri 14-Dec-12 20:04:53

I skipped it once a few years ago, when I had flu, & caught up the following year.

maybe I'll do that again (& lie about the flu grin) - it is nice to touch base with people I used to know well & am still interested to hear from.

some years I'm better organised & buy cards, stamps etc in good time. if not (like this year) it just looms over me like a big black cloud!

FredWorms Fri 14-Dec-12 23:13:55

I just ran out of time and didn't send any 2 years ago.

No-one noticed, everyone still speaks to me and Oh! The relief!

Ponders Fri 14-Dec-12 23:14:43

oh thank you, Fred! that's what I wanted to hear grin

4lovelychildren Sat 15-Dec-12 07:01:22

I've gradually reduced the number by sending to close family members/friends then only sending to anyone else if they send to me blush With 4 children we have hundreds of cards anyway so don't look like Norman no mates lol lol

4lovelychildren Sat 15-Dec-12 07:02:14

I must add that a close friend sent a Round Robin e-card and I'm not liking it!

FredWorms Sat 15-Dec-12 18:59:41

Do it Ponders.

Or rather, don't do it! grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: