Talk

Advanced search

12 SLEEPS !

(5 Posts)
MrsChristmasVamos Thu 13-Dec-12 16:09:34

grin

12 ? 12 !

This is getting scary, won't be long and after the weekend it's be a WEEK. shock

ABSOLUTELY freezing here, our boiler has been playing up and decided to pack up completely at about 9pm last night. Have had an engineer out who hs gone to get a part, but if it doesn't fix it looks like we may be without heating for Christmas.

Never rains but it pours, hey ?!

Gotta laugh or I'll cry. Here's hoping the engineer actually comes back !

ChestyNutsRoastingOnAnOpenFire Thu 13-Dec-12 16:57:13

No way mrs! shock

That is awful! Has he been back yet?

It was -2c here this am, my asthma does not like the frost.

Christmas cards mainly distributed here.

Have decided my lack of cheer is PMT as could run about screamIng with a box of tinsel on my head whilst throwing presents around today!

<<offers round evening primrose capsules>>

Have a dilemma, what do you think......

Weekend before my birthday saw friend who says we need to meet next week to give u card and present ( we always buy for each other)
Don't hear anything else and get a text on birthday "happy birthday"

So what's that all about? Do I drop off her Christmas present or are we not buying now?
Don't want to mention it as feel grabby, I'm not bothered bout lack of gift just baffled by sudden turn around?!

MrsChristmasVamos Thu 13-Dec-12 22:10:11

grin

Toasty warm now. Engineer came back, very nice lad, so very pleased. No guarantee boiler will stay working so we are having a new one, but goodness knows when ! Just hope the old one lasts out over Christmas...it's crept up fast hasn't it ?!

I would give friend a call and see what's happening. Maybe she has tried to arrange to see you when she's not so busy ? It's not grabby at all, I know what you mean...

I must sit down at some point and make a new list of my list of lists of things I still need to do/get. Not much now really, apart from the dreaded food shop, but I know I'm doing that on the 22/23 ! Got a feeling late next week is going to be manic, I just hope there won't be too much panic ! grin

ChestyNutsRoastingOnAnOpenFire Thu 13-Dec-12 22:24:48

I've still got piles of wrapping to do, hopefully get then done this weekend and then just delivering and the food shop......

Ho Ho Ho grin

MrsChristmasVamos Thu 13-Dec-12 22:32:09

Oh, wrapping is last minute ! I'm hoping to have everything else done and then I can spend Christmas Eve afternoon/evening wrapping.

I have a huge cupboard which is great for hiding things in, but not when they're wrapped, as they would end up getting ripped, iyswim ? grin

It's like getting the presents downstairs once the DCs have gone to bed...it has done be done just before we go to bed, otherwise the cats and dogs decide that present surfing/smelling etc is a fab new game !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now