Talk

Advanced search

Present help! 18 yo boy and 65 yo man

(8 Posts)
TheHouseofMirth Wed 12-Dec-12 23:37:59

Have left the tricky ones until last again. Will I never learn?

What can I buy 18 yo godson? Budget up to £40. Would prefer somehing more imaginative than the usual itunes voucher. His mother is giving him cash towards festival tickets. Could I get something he could use at a festival? (I am old and have no idea what!)

And then for my step uncle. I have absolutely no ideas and the more I try to think the more I panic and draw a blank.

Please inspire me!

cbmum Wed 12-Dec-12 23:48:40

For the godson how about a headlamp (useful at festivals when stumbling about in the dark and baby wipes!).

I'm struggling with my older chaps too. At the moment I'm leaning towards chocolates and booze. Not original but bound to be acceptable.

BlueChampagne Thu 13-Dec-12 15:15:49

Private Eye subscription for both - job done!

We3NipplesOfVoldiesWeAre Thu 13-Dec-12 22:02:01

Pop up tent
Sleeping bag and roll mat
Small camping cooker
Rucksack
Headphones
Aftershave

Scalf and gloves
Car accessories
Local walks/history book
Bottle of sprigs or good wine

outtolunchagain Thu 13-Dec-12 22:20:44

Would second the headlamp, notonthehighstreet have lots of good gifts for teenage boys , does he play a guitar , a plectrum maker is a fun item.

PomBearWithAnOFRS Thu 13-Dec-12 23:24:17

I've bought my "hard to buy for" 18 year old a dressing gown "Jedi Robe" - they had brown Jedi and black Darth Vader/Maul ones, and some light sabre chopsticks this year - both on amazon and well under £40 grin

zenaprincesswarrior Fri 14-Dec-12 13:37:30

there's some festival gadget ideas as well as other buying guides for gadgety type stuff here like a portable phone charger or head torch and also is 65 yo a gardner? Same website has some ideas for garden gadgets.

I think Magazines subscriptions are a safe bet....kerrang or Q for 18 yo Golfer? for 65yo . I posted this offer i spotted on a tweet earlier

"Great Last Minute Gift Idea - Magazine Subscription: Use Code XMAGIFT5 to get an Extra £5 OFF any subscription here > ow.ly/g4qq8"

redwellybluewelly Fri 14-Dec-12 14:58:37

Cafe Press T-shirts, they have a great range

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now