Advanced search

13 sleeps

(13 Posts)
ISawMamaPizzaKissingSantaClaus Wed 12-Dec-12 07:06:19

It's almost here! It's almost here! grin

Beaverfeaver Wed 12-Dec-12 08:00:19

I haven't even got my tree up!

Kirstoll Wed 12-Dec-12 08:26:10

I've had mine up since 27th nov [shame] BUT I must've known something was going to happen as I've happened to create myself a perforated eardrum. I have never felt so lucky to be organised..... Ever! [not even stealth boast, just way way way bloated head-type boasting]

ChestyNutsRoastingOnAnOpenFire Wed 12-Dec-12 11:20:13

Eeeeeek!

Off today, dog sitting ChestDog so my mission for the day ( inbetween picking him up as he keeps keeling over) is Christmas cards

<<dun dun duuuuuuun>>

Also have wrapping to do but don't think I can do that with a dog on my knee.

MrsChristmasVamos Wed 12-Dec-12 15:20:55

Hellloooooooo all ! grin

It's all coming together very nicely here !

Just got to re-write a couple of lists, but I know where I am and what I'm doing. No manic-panic.....yet. wink

It's been a real winter's day again, frost everywhere but it's lovely.

Not even going to bother wrapping till Christmas Eve, if I do I'll have nowhere to hide anything...well, I will but I'm always terrified things will get ripped and only have to be re-done !

ChestyNutsRoastingOnAnOpenFire Wed 12-Dec-12 17:21:15

Hi mrs

I've done my cards.....hurrah!

Could do with a large glass of festive cheer today.

Got the grumps and cannot be bothered << in style of petulant 3 year old>>

Waiting for biopsy results for DM
Need to decide whether to transfer departments, been in current one 14 years.
ChestyDogs vet bill was hundreds of pounds and of course he's not insured.
Worried bout ChestyDog
Think my "friends" have forgotten me

sad

Moan over!

MrsChristmasVamos Wed 12-Dec-12 17:30:31

Oh, poor you, Chesty.

I did my cards last night. Just got to post a few on Friday.

<in reassuring Mum/friend style>

I will keep my fingers crossed that your DM will be OK. And be here to offer any support I can.
Can't help with job, only you can decide.
I constantly keep my fingers crossed that none of my aminals need a vet.
I am also sure ChestyDog will be OK. Will also be here if not. Lost my girl last year and one of the worst things I've ever been through. Know what it's like.
Friends who forget you are not friends. You have us ! Easy !

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

MrsChristmasVamos Wed 12-Dec-12 17:31:04

Oh !

Will a virtual mulled wine help ? smile

ISawMamaPizzaKissingSantaClaus Wed 12-Dec-12 17:36:50

(((Chesty))) Here's a hot cuppa for you brew so you don't get too drunk on Mrs' mulled wine grin

Wrapping? Do I seriously have to wrap presents? Better start soon, seriously this work malarky is taking every last free minute away from me.

ISawMamaPizzaKissingSantaClaus Wed 12-Dec-12 17:37:32

Not moaning obviously as it was hard being unemployed last time, but I really feel how little time I got now. Must start in February next year grin

MrsChristmasVamos Wed 12-Dec-12 17:42:11

Bless you, Mama everyone is entitled to moan !

I always plan to start everything earlier, and it never happens, but it always all gets done !

Apparently, the best time to shop for next Christmas is end of December/January, so you'd be too late in February ! grin

ChestyNutsRoastingOnAnOpenFire Wed 12-Dec-12 17:53:29

Thanks you two

<<wipes eyes>>

Mulled wine would be lovely! Can I have baileys in that cuppa too?

ISawMamaPizzaKissingSantaClaus Wed 12-Dec-12 19:00:58

<passes baileys> There you go grin

I think the last two weeks especially have been too manic. First we were all ill, then DS ill, then open evening, option evening, parents evening x2. This week we are having a mock Ofsted and everyone is being observed. I was observed today. It's just all too much at the end of the year when my batteries are running low.

Will deffo look for presents in January. At least I got the money this year and don't have to worry too much, so yes will be able to be a bit more organized. I just couldn't this year as I didn't start earning until September and I needed to get my feet back first.

Anyways, will update blog now and then time for a Christmas film. Got a few recorded will be a good wind down after all this smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now