Talk

Advanced search

revenge - to be sweet by Saturday!

(18 Posts)
unclefluffy Mon 10-Dec-12 13:34:26

Friend has bought DD an extremely annoying birthday present. Christmas is coming, and with it the opportunity for revenge. What annoying gift can I buy for a four year old girl? Sadly it can't be moonsand - friend already knows about this and I would like some tiny element of plausible deniability! I'm not entirely sure my friend intended to be annoying... but she didn't try very hard not to be!

Any ideas?!

pELFicFloorClenchReminder Mon 10-Dec-12 13:36:38

Maybe something musical and loud?

(which cannot possibly be in any way intentionally annoying as it is so delightfully educational)

poncyettia Mon 10-Dec-12 13:41:36

Hama beads - the little buggers get EVERYWHERE! grin

unclefluffy Mon 10-Dec-12 13:41:45

I was thinking about a karaoke microphone, but that's too obvious. Maybe a recorder then? They can be earsplitting with the right encouragement

unclefluffy Mon 10-Dec-12 13:42:44

Ooh, yes, we have some Hama beads and DD is obsessed with them. I'd have to make sure they didn't come in a handy jar, but in those little bags...

LiquidLunch Mon 10-Dec-12 13:43:47

Blow pens

Anything with slime

bulletwithbutterflywings Mon 10-Dec-12 13:52:26

Zingzillas guitar! It. Never. Shuts. Up.

unclefluffy Mon 10-Dec-12 13:58:11

Just looked at the reviews for those... I think blow pens have more plausible deniability, but the guitar looks about as annoying as they come!

DoodleHolly Mon 10-Dec-12 14:09:36

Oh we have the zingzillas guitar and by far the most annoying this ever.

You think it's stopped and then very now and then it comes it with another phrase which is loud enough to be audible from
The cupboard you have hidden it away in. And then the child wants it out again and you're back to square one.

Definitely gets my vote!

Nonky Mon 10-Dec-12 14:36:06

Another vote for the zingzillas guitar!!

JuliaScurr Mon 10-Dec-12 14:42:41

you might consider
www.notonthehighstreet.com/crafts4kids/product/glitter-art-sets?utm_source=GoogleShopping&utm_medium=Gifts&utm_campaign=120878
combining sticky, fiddly and glitter

what's not to like?

SledsImOn Mon 10-Dec-12 14:46:42

Why make their lives harder - come on. smile

I'm sure they meant nothing by it. Get the child something you think she'll actually like.

unclefluffy Mon 10-Dec-12 21:12:37

Sleds, I reckon I can do both...! DD loves Hama beads, so hers might too. And, well, they do get everywhere... wink

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Mon 10-Dec-12 21:37:56

smile

The worst thing we ever had was a doll that turned red and cried that it was ill. You had to ram a dummy in its mouth to shut it up. It used to start up in the middle of the night sometimes and we'd be woken by dd2 screaming the house down, having been woken herself by the scary doll shouting at her in the darkness.

Truly hideous - wonder if they still make them? smile

HardKnottPass Mon 10-Dec-12 21:40:53

Definitely those little plastic calls you put together to make a picture then squirt with water to set. Can't remember what they are called - aqua beads?

Being round they roll everywhere, and they never stick together properly.

Far more annoying than hama beads.

cazza2878 Mon 10-Dec-12 22:17:23

Agree about aqua beads (much worse than hama beads). Dd has recently term given a huge set but think she's forgotten about it as not asked for it since - thinking of re-gifting ( or is tgats reeeeaaaalllyy bad?)

jojane Tue 11-Dec-12 09:51:25

Glitter and glitter glue and glue and sequins and little pompous an google eyes and shredded tissue paper

jojane Tue 11-Dec-12 09:51:36

Kids make up and nail polish

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: