Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What do ten year old boys like?

(11 Posts)
TheReturnOfBridezilla Mon 10-Dec-12 06:53:07

Looking for a present for DH's nephew from our two young dc.

DH has bought him a dvd and his main presents are a tablet and a drum kit from his parents but his interests have changed so much over the past few years I am fast losing track.

Looking to spend around £10/£20. What is popular with ten year old boys at the moment?

Thanks!

TheReturnOfBridezilla Mon 10-Dec-12 06:59:17

I've just remembered that he used to like Moshi Monsters but is this a bit young for him now?

shopalot Mon 10-Dec-12 07:02:03

I would get him an iTunes/app voucher ( depending on tablet type) or an amazon voucher. Mine ten year old would love that.

DoubleMum Mon 10-Dec-12 07:15:25

Moshi too young now. I agree if he is getting a tablet a voucher for apps is a good idea.

bidibidi Mon 10-Dec-12 07:25:53

Has OP actually said whether the boy has iTunes-playing device or a tablet? Coz most the 10yo boys I know would have neither.

I would ask the boy's parents to be safe. If that doesn't work, then a generic gift voucher would be safest, like Sainsbury's or book token, etc. My 10yos would want Lego or Nerf Guns. Oh, and a Minecraft T-shirt would go down brilliantly, too.

TheReturnOfBridezilla Mon 10-Dec-12 07:27:57

Voucher is excellent idea, thanks. I'm not sure which tablet he is getting, I wouldn't imagine it's a top of the range iPad type thing due to his age but I'll check with DH's brother. There are bound to be compatible vouchers for apps etc, I'm just not very "up" on them.

TheReturnOfBridezilla Mon 10-Dec-12 07:30:37

He definitely likes Lego but I wouldn't have a clue where to start and don't know which sets he's already got. I'd better brush up in this type of thing for when mine are older! Thanks for the Moshi advice, would hate to get him something too babyish if he's too old for that kind of thing now.

Tiggles Mon 10-Dec-12 13:34:44

Mine would love an Amazon voucher, or Lego, or anything to do with James Bond or Avengers (especially Iron Man).

Taffeta Mon 10-Dec-12 13:41:06

Depends what he's into. Mine is sporty and likes anything Nike or football, or most of the Sports Direct catalogue.

Also Amazon voucher, iTunes voucher or cold, hard cash. grin

neverquitesure Mon 10-Dec-12 15:27:24

9 year old DSS has spent hours with his Comic Maker Kit. Perhaps too 'young' for a 10 year old though?

Nerf is always popular (well, with him anyway hmm) as is money. I think they really appreciate the value of money by this age and, unlike when we were all young, they can go online and spend it straight away.

'Spy' stuff like invisible ink pens and night vision goggles seem to be well liked, as are boxes with locks for their 'private' things.

SweetMingePie Mon 10-Dec-12 15:28:14

Bop it is pretty good. Ds1 aged 9 has asked for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now